Google's messenger

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone been able to get it to work on your device since the nougat update ? When I was in beta it worked for me only once.

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes of course. Like I said it only worked for me once when I was in beta before the official release came out. I've checked permissions and in app settings too many times to count. I've also rolled back to 4.1 and redownloaded nougat but still no luck. Does it work for you peeps?

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I used it once and it worked fine. I prefer the stock app, I like to keep those things simple anyway.

Interesting. For Hahas would you mind downloading it again and testing it out for me? I understand what you mean, I used to use alternate apps for twitter and such but now I use mostly stock/original

ce_tx

Jan 2, 2017
Visit site
Weird. I mainly use Textra now so I haven't even looked at Google messenger in quite a while. I just went in and my current threads looked fine, but when a new message came in from one of those contacts, the thread went away and started doing exactly what you've reported. So, nope, not just you!

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Weird. I mainly use Textra now so I haven't even looked at Google messenger in quite a while. I just went in and my current threads looked fine, but when a new message came in from one of those contacts, the thread went away and started doing exactly what you've reported. So, nope, not just you!
Glad it's not just me!

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Did the same for me. Weird. I'm using nova launcher, are you guys getting this issue while using a launcher aswell?

Yea I've used it with nova, stock emui and action launcher. I emailed Huwaei about it and they just emailed me back. All they said was they recommend using another messaging application and didn't really answer my question , I sent a response back asking if they planned on doing anything about it but nothing yet, will update when they do!

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Google messenger app is working fine for me and have been using since I got Nougat update.

That said, I had this issue during the beta builds but have not see them since the official update.