Honor 8 warm/hot when I use camera

Gaemie 31

Mar 11, 2017
Visit site
I bought honor 8 not long ago (some 3-4 days ago) everything seems right so far except that when I use camera the camera part gets warm and the side of the phone (volume + , - ) part gets a bit hot , so I turned on the camera for like 8,9 min and the CPU temperature was around 50 according to CPU temp, and the battery dropped from 94% to 88% . Also during charging the phone gets warm as well, is this normal? I can still return it and get a new one with in 7 days since I bought this one on Wednesday, if this is not normal I can return it by tomorrow :-[

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello! While I think it's somewhat normal for a phone to get a little warm while charging - or if it's being put through the ringer with lots of heavy usage, so to speak - but if it's getting warm only by using your camera for a short period of time, I recommend that you return it and get a new one.

Let us know what happens!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Cpu temp of 50c is pretty cool, I would not worry about it. If it was battery temperature then that's pretty warm.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Turning on camera for 8 to 9 mins continuously and doing camera manipulations, that is, using the camera app, it is ideal your phone will heat up. I think the temperatures you are reporting are also ideal given your use case. I have seen this behavior even in Samsung Galaxy phones and sometimes in my iPhone 7 Plus when the camera app is open for quite long time like yours.

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
Having light hitting a light collection sensor for that long will always heat up the sensor. It's not unusual and the sensors are made to work with higher tolerances.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol