Maybe some of you have participated in my thread about my great dislike for 5.0. Recently I replacedy honor through Best buy, after my dog tried to end my life. In an effort to not die I pitched my phone at the tile floor.

I got my new device and set it up and was able to do a side by side. I fail to find any semblance of 4.1 that actually transfered over to 5. I guess the smart key features would be the only thing I could find.

It's almost like they gutted all the nice thing about 4.1 to make just another basic UI. When I had upgraded to 5 I never felt like I was using the honor 8. I always felt like I was using a basic Android phone.

Being able to use 4.1 again has reenforced that Huawei has jumped on board the cookie cutter UI train that all the big manufacturers are on.

I guess when you are a company that is more worried about the opinions of review sites. You make the changes they want. I have only ever read positive things in this forum about the honor 8.

I have noticed that in this thread there are a lot less post about how awesome the honor 8 is and more post about something not working right or how do I downgrade.

I'm sure it works for people who like the stock Android experience (buy a pixel) I also know that a lot people fell in love with the unique feel of 4.1, it's seems that those consumers are the least of Huawei's worries.
    libra89 and Guytronic like this.
    03-15-2017 07:06 PM
    You're not alone.

I broke my Honor 8 trying to downgrade. Thankfully Honor fixed it quickly and my phone came back to me with 4.1.

You can actually block the update if you wanted to, which I have done.
    Guytronic and Morty2264 like this.
    03-15-2017 08:51 PM
    I don't understand what's so good about 4.1. Can someone please explain?
    03-16-2017 12:17 AM
    I don't understand what's so good about 4.1. Can someone please explain?
    Have you used it?
    03-16-2017 08:10 AM
    The day I got the phone, it's updated to 7.0. So, no experience on 4.1. Curious to know what am I missing as it is great as of now.
    03-16-2017 09:43 AM
    The day I got the phone, it's updated to 7.0. So, no experience on 4.1. Curious to know what am I missing as it is great as of now.
    You're missing slightly less bugs, and slightly increased battery life.
    Guytronic and Morty2264 like this.
    03-16-2017 11:30 AM
    3 power profiles, no stupid floating bar in the message app. The notification icons are actual scaled down color versions. A crap ton of animations that added a nice little touch. The ability to swipe down on the left of the screen to get notifications and swipe on the right to get quick toggles. Holding the power key no longer gives the option to mute the phone.

It just has a completely different feel altogether. I don't feel like I'm using a basic Android phone with 4.1. With 5.0 it looks and feels and acts just like Samsung, LG, HTC, ZTE and ever other basic *** phone UI ever created on planet Earth.

The implementation of nougat is terrible with 5.0, the best I have seen nougat is sadly Samsung. They even broke the Android Easter egg in 5.0.

Edit on 5.0 I can't reply to texts messages via my gear S3 and on 4.1 I can.
    libra89 and Guytronic like this.
    03-17-2017 08:38 AM
    So, whether you like 4.1 or not, you should be aware of the issues with 4.1 which are discussed a lot in this forums and other forums.

On a serious note, EMUI 4.1 doesn't really do a good job on making this phone special. Its notification management, rude battery management policies (like blocking all apps except what honor "deems" good for background updates) and a huge drift from normal Android UX are some notorious issues that plagues EMUI 4.1.

While some users love the "not being android UX", it doesn't help Honor to sell more, at least here in the US market. This is to not say "dont change the UX, keep stock". Its about some of the common elements like notification management and recent apps etc.,

While I was happy with 4.1, I wouldn't push myself to go downgrade when I have seen how beautiful EMUI 5 makes this phone!
    03-19-2017 07:02 AM
    I had way way way way more issues with battery management in 5.0. I had to turn of the power intensive notification it popped up ever single time I opened my phone. It really sucks being able to choose a power profile designed for heavy gaming. Even Samsung added that into nougat while Huawei dropped it from emui.

The best part of emui 4.1 is was it was so vastly different. While harnessing the power of Android but not making it feel like another crap implementation of the same basic UI that every other company uses with every phone that has Android.

5.0 is an exact copy of what ever other company has done there is absolutely nothing different about it or any other Android phone.
    Morty2264, libra89 and Guytronic like this.
    03-19-2017 03:37 PM
    You're missing slightly less bugs, and slightly increased battery life.
    I couldn't agree more. I am definitely noticing a change in my battery life experience in day-to-day use; and I am not a heavy user. I would consider downgrading, because I loved 4.1. I don't dislike 5.0 - I just hope they perhaps fix this battery life feature. I mean, it's still good but I for sure notice a change.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-19-2017 06:31 PM