Need some feedback. Contemplating going back to exclusive apple. Help me figure it out

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
So I love my Honor 8 and my Media Pad 3 but I've been feeling the urge to walk away and go back to Apple which I was exclusive to up until a little over a year and half ago. Since then I've come a long way in the Android world. I even won a contest here that I had no idea I was even competing in for my articles or posts. So in a short amount of time I've come a long way with Android although I still don't consider EMUI to be anything remotely like Android but they had to place it somewhere which personally I believed it to be a third mobile software option who don't truly like pure Android. I'd probably fall into that category to be honest. Anyways give me some pros and cons of what I should do. I'm riding the fence as of late. I miss being able to text from my tablet or take calls from it. I miss the simplicity of IOS. I know it's not a software one can customize but that isn't a concern of mine. Then there is price point. Apple is so highly priced. I think if my media pad 3 was celluar and I could text from it and take it out and about with me I'd be in a different mindset. So I'm looking for some honest feedback to whether I put it down and walk away from a world I've become quite knowledgeable at or stay with it? Any suggestions or thoughts? Feedback and help is appreciated.

Don

Matt Manahan

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
This won't help you any, but I ordered an iPhone 7 Plus this weekend. I'm sure I'll be back to Android once I get bored with iOs in a few months. For me, switching things up is the fun part of technology nowadays.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
You should buy what you want to work with :) There are a TON of people in the AC forums that have iPhones, nothing wrong with that. We also have a lot of overlap, membership wise, with our sister site iMore | Learn more. Be more., which focuses on Apple products.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
This won't help you any, but I ordered an iPhone 7 Plus this weekend. I'm sure I'll be back to Android once I get bored with iOs in a few months. For me, switching things up is the fun part of technology nowadays.

+1
It is fun.

Do it Don. If you are really thinking hard about it, that means that your mind isn't at rest. It's not going to go away until you do it. Try it out for a week and see if you'll miss out the features on the Honor 8.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
+1
It is fun.

Do it Don. If you are really thinking hard about it, that means that your mind isn't at rest. It's not going to go away until you do it. Try it out for a week and see if you'll miss out the features on the Honor 8.

I agree with libra89. There's a reason why it's still on your mind. Go for it and see what happens! You can always switch back if you feel like you miss the experience of the Honor 8.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I have been having the same debate with myself. I like the simplicity of ios and how well it works together. Im waiting to see if the lady at Sprint is actually going to hold the Galaxy s8+ for me on launch day. Would have preordered but they were already on back order through Sprint the day after preorders went live. I didn't feel like paying for a month of service I wasn't going to use(switching carriers to Sprint). If she doesn't hold it for me, I'm going to go for the iPhone 7+ and return my tab s3 and probably pick up the iPad and jump into the apple ecosystem head on again.

I use to be the guy who would argue Android and Apple. At the end of the day they both do an amazing job. I recommend going to what you feel would work best in your situation.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I have been having the same debate with myself. I like the simplicity of ios and how well it works together. Im waiting to see if the lady at Sprint is actually going to hold the Galaxy s8+ for me on launch day. Would have preordered but they were already on back order through Sprint the day after preorders went live. I didn't feel like paying for a month of service I wasn't going to use(switching carriers to Sprint). If she doesn't hold it for me, I'm going to go for the iPhone 7+ and return my tab s3 and probably pick up the iPad and jump into the apple ecosystem head on again.

I use to be the guy who would argue Android and Apple. At the end of the day they both do an amazing job. I recommend going to what you feel would work best in your situation.

I agree: they're both phenomenal platforms. In some respects, I think Android could learn a thing or two from Apple; and vice versa. Nothing is perfect. :) And yes, it all comes down to personal preference and your specific needs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc