Android 7 with emui 4?

althe

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
I am new to the Honor 8 world. Sadly, I am realizing that several Huawei phones (including the Honor 8) have issues with the screen automatically dimming when opening certain apps (Chrome, stock SMS, Gmail, dialer, etc.). I find it very distracting.

I have heard that emui 4 had a feature called "performance mode", which would prevent this issue from happening. Unfortunately the feature went away when upgrading to emui 5.

Is there a way to upgrade to Android 7 while still keeping emui 4?

althe

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
Unfortunately not. Android 7 means it is EMUI 5.

That's too bad. So, even if I didn't want to use EMUI at all, i.e., if I used another Launcher such as Nova, there is no way of upgrading the phone to Android 7 without getting rid of EMUI 4?

There is no standalone Android 7 installer then?

I basically don't want to lose the "performance mode". Well, actually, what I want is for the screen not to dim, and this seems to be the only way.

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
That's too bad. So, even if I didn't want to use EMUI at all, i.e., if I used another Launcher such as Nova, there is no way of upgrading the phone to Android 7 without getting rid of EMUI 4?

There is no standalone Android 7 installer then?

I basically don't want to lose the "performance mode". Well, actually, what I want is for the screen not to dim, and this seems to be the only way.

Just turn off auto brightness? I've never had that issue though with my device.

BotanicalStig

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Emui is what huawei calls their version of Android. Emui 4 is based on marshmallow, emui 5 is nougat. It isn't a launcher or skin, it's the name of the OS. Huawei doesn't provide a vanilla version of android.

You can use nova or whatever you want and it works as it should. But that won't fix how huawei handles screen brightness.

The screen dims whether you like it or not (of course we don't, but they've gone this far without a fix). This issue occurred with EMUI 4 as well, it isn't nougat specific.

I like the phone a lot but dimming the screen with auto brightness OFF is just cruel :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol