Any of you guys ever used Sony Xperia before?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Okay there is not much interaction over on the Sony threads like this forum. So I pose the question for you guys if any of you have used or had either the Xperia X or X Performance? I want a 5 inch phone. These two fit the bill. They also on Amazon are going for good prices. Which of the two would you educated guys go for. The Xperia X has a 650 processor and performance has a 820 but there is a $100 dollar price difference. Which would you guys opt for? I ask here for a specific reason and it's because the intelligence level on this forum is high. Let me know your suggestions. Thanks​ to all for allowing me to ask this question here. I tried the Sony boards and got nothing.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I have not used Sony devices personally, but I know they are good devices. You can't go wrong with either, IMO.

Last edited:

Andrew_404

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Dconn, I actually used the Xperia X which I really liked and used on a daily basis. Not a bad phone overall. Frustrating for me I had to unlock with a code or password no finger print touch. In Europe and Asia finger print works well, banned in the U.S. for some reason. Must be a patent problem I guess.

There's a way to make this work in the U.S. It's on the XDA's website though I didn't have the guts to try it.

After the X I bought the XZ and hated it. Slow, clumsy and the battery was awful. I traded it on eBay and purchased the honor 8 which I use today.

I've heard​ the XA1 is a good little phone for $299 but no fingerprint user available and the battery might be suspect on daily use.

Hope this helps!

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Dconn, I actually used the Xperia X which I really liked and used on a daily basis. Not a bad phone overall. Frustrating for me I had to unlock with a code or password no finger print touch. In Europe and Asia finger print works well, banned in the U.S. for some reason. Must be a patent problem I guess.

There's a way to make this work in the U.S. It's on the XDA's website though I didn't have the guts to try it.

After the X I bought the XZ and hated it. Slow, clumsy and the battery was awful. I traded it on eBay and purchased the honor 8 which I use today.

I've heard​ the XA1 is a good little phone for $299 but no fingerprint user available and the battery might be suspect on daily use.

Hope this helps!
I'm thinking about jumping out and on the X Performance this time around. I too have had the X and I liked it. I can live without a fingerprint scanner so I'm good there. I just hope to see noticable differences in performance between the X and performance. I can pick the white performance up on Amazon right now for $360 which for a flagship speced phone isn't a bad price or I can go as low as $277 on the X it self to save if I want to. Another one I'm considering is the Sony compact but the 720 resolution is a deal killer for me on it or that would be the phone I went for.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site

Hope this helps!
I also want try the Sony x compact as well. It's a bit more expensive and although this really doesn't matter much on a 4.6 display, 720p just bothers me for a top end device.

WinU

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
I really want to try an Xperia phone. I'd love to have the XZ, XZS or XZ premium to try for a couple weeks. Not many used ones out there either. I can't pull the trigger for full price yet. Just can't. Youtube reviews are general pretty good. The XZ1 and XZ1 Compact are supposed to be announced this Sept and sound like they might be strong contenders.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I really want to try an Xperia phone. I'd love to have the XZ, XZS or XZ premium to try for a couple weeks. Not many used ones out there either. I can't pull the trigger for full price yet. Just can't. Youtube reviews are general pretty good. The XZ1 and XZ1 Compact are supposed to be announced this Sept and sound like they might be strong contenders.

Yeah, I'd love to use a Sony phone too! It will be interesting to see how the Compact series fares in the fall.

I personally think Sony devices are cool and underrated. My brother had one a few years back and I loved it!

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I also want try the Sony x compact as well. It's a bit more expensive and although this really doesn't matter much on a 4.6 display, 720p just bothers me for a top end device.
I'm with you here on this point. The compact needed to be at least 1080p and I'd already had gotten that device. That said the 720 display killed it for me too.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Mod note: Moved out of the Honor 8 forum to an Xperia forum since this is not about the Honor 8.

WinU

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Just bought the XZS off ebay for a pretty good price and I'm loving it so far. International version with fingerprint scanner. Have yet to activate it on AT&T. Hopefully I won't have any issues there. Will keep posted on my experience with the XZS!

conny norstrom

Jun 6, 2017
Visit site
i have hade always had but then was was it Ericsson later sony-ericsson and now is it sony but is still swedish teknologi love xperia X dont know how many Eriksson.sony-ericsson.and Sony xperia tack för mej or thanks for me ??????mvh conny

conny norstrom

Jun 6, 2017
Visit site
i have hade always had but then was was it Ericsson later sony-ericsson and now is it sony but is still swedish teknologi love xperia X dont know how many Eriksson.sony-ericsson.and Sony xperia tack för mej or thanks for me ??????mvh conny ps Sony Xperia Z5 still have it lov wen u can film in K4 soo ******* nice agen. Conny

tahterevalli

Jun 6, 2017
Visit site
Im using Xperia X since 5 months, I did not experience any problem so far like crash problems, lagging issues etc. It works all games,applications very well ,so performance is not bad,and it has nice camera. It is nice phone for its price, it worths. I wish it has the ability of working under water

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I've used the XZ before. It was a solid device.

Honestly, wait for the XZ1. The Compact is rumored to return to the usual "high-end specs in a small body" ethos.

The XZ Premium is nice, though. I legitimately want to give it a shot, moreso than some other phones.

bovcrx

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I love Sony phones. I had Z3 from T-Mobile and Z5 Premium. I broke both and told myself no more expensive phones. Got an axon 7 for 400 because x performance was way too much. Now that its 350 on Amazon I would say X performance all the way. Great size, great processor, Sony's bare OS is great because I like simple. Camera I'm sure is great. Nobody is taking pics for NatGeo on their phone so let's not get into a pissing competition a out camera quality. Fingerprint can be activated by flashing a UK rom from Sony onto it. Don't buy international stock without warranty. That boned me over with my Z5P

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Sony stopped making entry level phones for developing markets which i think was a bad business move. Phones like Moto E and G series are quite popular and selling millions so not having that market is bad decision.
If Sony manages to make a decent $150 phone with decent specs then i would give Sony a chance.
As it is right now, Sony phones are a rip off for the price. Less than HTC but more than most other brands.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1