Honor Magic Hands-on Review : Every Bit Works Like MAGIC!

shashank1320

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
During my visit to China for Honor’s 3rd anniversary carnival, I got a chance to witness the launch of Honor Magic on 16th December, 2016 and lay my hands on the device for a quick review. Without beating around the bush, here’s what you need to know about Honor Magic:

honor_magic-810x298_c.png

Operating System- Magic runs on Android 6.0 with Honor Magic Live software out of the box and is completely different than EMUI but feels much lighter and smoother for sure. Huawei developers must have re-structured everything in the backend for a fresh look, design, smoothness and performance.

magic ui.jpg

Hardware- It is powered by Kirin 950 CPU processor, coupled with 4GB RAM for better performance and multitasking with 64 GB of internal memory. I opened all the apps but did not feel any lag or delay while doing so (Thanks to one of the support staff over there who helped me changing the language to English so that I could use and navigate across the settings).

Display- The 5.09-inch device has a screen resolution of 2K (yes, you read it right, not 720P or 1080P. But way better!) and a 3D glass structure to give more strength and look to the device. Screen pixels look extremely real, vivid, sharp and crystal clear.

3D (2).jpg

Look and feel- It looks extremely premium in hand with completely re-structured design and a glossy finish. It looks awesome from any given angle and perfectly nestles into your palm for its decent size and the friendly bezel design. I felt comfy holding the glossy phone without any trouble or fear of the phone slipping off my hand.

DSC_0396.jpg

Battery- It is powered by a 2900 mAH battery with Huawei’s Magic Power Fast-charging technology which could charge the phone up to 70% in just 20 minutes.

power.jpg

Camera- It has 12 MP dual cameras with RGB+Monochrome support which is capable of taking good pictures even in low light. I took a couple of shots and selfies too.

yPbSDJll.jpg

Connectivity - It supports the latest Wi-Fi bands and Bluetooth 4.2 and micro USB 2.0. Type C charging port helps in quick charging.

TSNaG0j.jpg

Pricing- It is available on Vmall.com, tmall.com, JD.com and suning.com at 3699 RMB, roughly around 36,200 INR.

za3VXxZl.jpg

Please share your thoughts on the same.

Last edited: