Best app to draw on a downloaded picture of the landscape

Keithwinch

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
I am looking to be able to use Google Maps (or Earth) to show a particular piece of property that shows the terrain (trees, hills, ponds) and be able to draw on it. Such a pond where I want to draw in a wharf or swing set near trees, etc. Any suggestions. Nothing fancy - just drawing to be able to save, print and email. A screen shot from google map shows address box and other items/ribbons not needed in photo.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, AFAIK, there's no app that will take the full Google Maps image, so you'll still have to work with some sort of exported image or Google Maps Screenshot. Cropping said image to cut out the icons that aren't needed would bee required.

For drawing stuff I've always liked Autodesk's Sketchbook.

Alternatively, you could create a personalized view of the map area with Google Maps' custom Maps feature. It lets you add custom lines, pictures, text annotations, and a few more items to Google Maps and you can share the link and anyone can view and zoom in and out of the map as you intended them to see. No custom shapes like free-hand drawings though, unless they're added as pictures, and those don't overlay on the map, they're just referenced to a point.
https://support.google.com/mymaps/#topic=3024924