HP Slate 7 Extreme - Availability and Information.

bvtetr

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have any information about when to expect this? Also, is there anyone that has had any hands on with one? I've read some really good things about the stylus technology but I'm wondering if it will compare to the Note 8?

phoenix5724

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
EVGA has information on their Tegra Note which should be fairly identical to HP's unless they change something in the software or have software specific to their branding. It's on presale at newegg for $199. I'm interested (but not patient enough) in what HP will price their tablet at.

jaimeastin

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, well... I bought a Nexus 7... HP waited too late... Loving the nexus 7 so far. At least I will possibly get updates.

I wanted to support them, but I got an awesome deal an only paid $105 OTD for a 16GB nexus 7.

mikel george

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Had my mom order two from HP. They were available the day before thanksgiving, and we had both been contemplating getting either this or the note 8. I had been doing the research on this one though particularly so she did not know anything about it. She received it and will bring mine to me. She absolutely loves it though. You have the ability to edit pdfs etc. I am glad I waited. I almost got the note 8. It is available now through hp's website, just search hp slate 7 extreme and the first link will be hp. One of the biggest things she liked that I noticed was the finish as it is better than the tegra notes from the other companies. She said it is very sleek, and well made. That is one of every reviewers biggest qualms with the advent, and evga tegra notes. They say they feel cheap. Not the HP version though apparently.

NoICon

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Wow; I'm pleasantly surprised so far...well built, fast, stylish, and decent battery life. Question, does anyone know if the miracast feature requires some sort of dongle?

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Wow; I'm pleasantly surprised so far...well built, fast, stylish, and decent battery life. Question, does anyone know if the miracast feature requires some sort of dongle?

Yes, Miracast requires a dongle. There are a few TVs with Miracast built in, but not many.

Could you check if the Slate 7 Extreme supports multiple user accounts? I really want the native stylus support, but do not want to lose multi-user, which is an awesome feature I use a ton on my Nexus 7.

NoICon

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the delay in responding. Yes, you can add multiple users.

Appreciate the feedback on Miracast. Maybe I'm confusing technologies, but I was able to stream Netflix to my smart TV , but this didn't require a dongle.

NoICon

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else receive a software update recently for their HP Slate 7 Extreme? I received one this morning although I haven't a clue as to what exactly was updated. The tablet seems to be functioning as it had prior to the update which was pretty good.