KitKat 4.4 for HP Slate 7?? Is this for real?

sirzune

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I found this "tutorial" yesterday, but I find that there were no replies at where it was posted. Does this seem like a real-deal? I'm very curious.
.......................................... :

How to update HP Slate 7 to Android 4.4-Kitkat
March 9, 2014
Here is the tutorial of updating HP Slate 7 to Android 4.4-Kitkat.

The announcements of updating:

Ⅰ: This tutorial is suitable for the single card version of HP Slate 7 to brush into the Kitkat’s official RUU, it can also be applied to another format, such as zip to brush into.

Ⅱ: To ensure that your HP Slate 7 has been turned into S-OFF before flashing. And the electric quantity is over 30%. At the same time, the computer system you operate is Windows.

Ⅲ: To assure that you have a related knowledge of adb and fastboot.

Ⅳ: After flashing , your HP Slate 7 will update to the version of hboot.

The detailed procedures of updating HP Slate 7 to Android 4.4-Kitkat:

Ⅰ: Download the adb driver, move 3 documents from zip package to c:/windows. Meanwhile, download the RUU package you need.

Ⅱ: When your HP Slate 7 comes into the fastboot usb mode, shut down your HP Slate 7, press the bottom button of the Volume key and Power supply key at the same time. Then HP Slate 7 will enter hboot mode. Next, choose bootloader to come into fastboot. Plug your data line and wait for the correct drive. Later, enter the fastboot usb mode.

Ⅲ: Click the Start key of the left corner of your desktop. Enter cmd in the Searching program and the document frame.

Ⅳ: Then input fastboot oem rebootRUU. Your HP Slate 7 will reboot to another interface.

Ⅴ: Input fastboot flash zip RUU-HP Slate 7_One_GE-4.4-3.58.1700.5.zip

Ⅵ: You will meet an error when you press the Enter key.

Ⅶ: Repeat the upper order to solve the problem.

Ⅷ: When you see the character-Finished. Input: fastboot reboot

Ⅸ: After all of the procedures, your HP Slate 7 has successfully updated to Android 4.4-Kitkat. Congratulations and enjoy your Kitkat.

sirzune

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Have you had the chance to see whether this is a viable solution to getting KitKat on the Slate 7? I really don't understand it. Do you?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It looks like you are using ADB to flash the ROM. I will need to look at it when I get home from work.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress