YouTube

gsmiley

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm a Youtube fanatic and noticed the youtube app seems to run slow on HQ. It always stops 1/8 into loading the video before having to buffer for a VERY long time. I also can't get video to run in portrait mode. Anyone having the same issues. The browser version seems to run better, guess I'll stick to that for now.

Last edited:

aug0211#WN

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed that I'm not getting video playback either. Admittedly, I haven't played with it much, and I haven't read up on it - could be a known issue, for all I know. I'll poke around a bit and keep an eye out here, as well.

ludachris85

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. So far I am happy with this alpha test run, but youtube is almost useless. Hopefuly this is one of those things that gets fixed for the final product. I did go online and watch live video and it ran way smoother than on webOS, which is great for watching sports. On WebOS it was very choppy, but after about 5 seconds it ran as smooth as my laptop with alpha.

dignitary

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Works for me, but I dare not attempt HQ until the CM team have some time to optimize. Keeping my expectations lower, just as they advise. ;)

That said, I had an O/C'd Viewsonic G-Tablet before this running CM7, and believe me it was really great for video once stable. And that was running on a early Tegra 2 line (Harmony) from a year and some change ago that's been since discontinued. I can only imagine just how smooth the Touchpad will run 720p/1080p video once the team makes it that far in their optimizations.

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Works for me, but I dare not attempt HQ until the CM team have some time to optimize. Keeping my expectations lower, just as they advise. ;)

That said, I had an O/C'd Viewsonic G-Tablet before this running CM7, and believe me it was really great for video once stable. And that was running on a early Tegra 2 line (Harmony) from a year and some change ago that's been since discontinued. I can only imagine just how smooth the Touchpad will run 720p/1080p video once the team makes it that far in their optimizations.

HQ mode via the YouTube app worked fine for me, at least on the few music videos that I watched recently.

gathome

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
If you're getting audio and no video using YouTube while in portrait mode, double tap the screen. Video should start working but it will be in landscape mode. Works for me. :)