WebOS kernel install with CM7

KnightNZ

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
If I try to install a custom kernel (Uberkernel/F4/F15) from WebOS on my dualboot WebOS/CM7 touchpad - I'm told that there isn't enough space.

Presumably CM7 is using too much space in /boot - anyone got any tips how to workaround this?

KnightNZ

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
So, with the CM7 kernel, moboot loader and CWM recovery, there is not enough space in /boot for the kernel installer (on my system anyway) to shuffle the files around to do a kernel install.

I had to log into the TouchPad using Novacom, move the /boot/update-uImage file to /media/internal, then install the new kernel and and move the file back to /boot.

I've got a grand total of 16Kb available in /boot, it starts cleanly though so looks like I'm ok.

kenmitch

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I had no issue updating my kernal to uberkernal. I'm running dual boot with CM7. I only today added the preware > govnah > uberkernal to my system once I saw they were once again updated and ready to go.

When 3.0.4 came out I decided to wipe my TouchPad of both webOS and CM7 and start over. I had to follow a guide to regain my lost space tho. Then did the webOS 3.0.4 doctor and then the CM7 install. Not sure if this is why I ran into no problem or if it was just dumb luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair