Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Global Posts
    466 Global Posts

Default Re: [TUT] Installing Android CyanogenMod 7.1 Alpha 2a on HP Touch

Quote Originally Posted by sicdude View Post
    I mean I know that there's always the possibility that anything could happen, but has anyone reported issues with the way that WebOS runs normally after the CM7 install?
    I have not seen issues of any kind that affects the webOS filesystems. So, I'd say you're good to go. webOS doesn't even know CM7 is there and CM7 hasn't done anything to affect the way webOS operates.

However, I have read that files in /media/internal may get deleted during CM7 installation. However, I have not encountered this problem. So, back those up first.

Global Posts
    268 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sicdude View Post
    I'm just curious because as a computer savvy guy I can tolerate some glitches here and there as part of the nature of the beast, but since the Touchpad is technically my wife's I don't want to hear her complaining to me about not being able to use her TP the way she normally does.
    I hear that, my wife uses webOS exclusively ... I installed the 2.1 Alpha and have had no complaints from her, not about the Touchpad anyway ...

I would say that the 3.0.4 'upgrade' does more harm to webOS than installing CM7. (Accelerometer issues, sound drop-outs, streaming video hanging and touchpad responsiveness for me ... And I've doctored webOS to 3.0.4 from scratch)

Quote Originally Posted by jblather View Post
    I have not seen issues of any kind that affects the webOS filesystems. So, I'd say you're good to go. webOS doesn't even know CM7 is there and CM7 hasn't done anything to affect the way webOS operates.

However, I have read that files in /media/internal may get deleted during CM7 installation. However, I have not encountered this problem. So, back those up first.
    Yep, backups are always a good idea.

I have heard no reports of the webOS directories getting deleted if the 2.1 Alpha is installed.

I attempted this but when i press restart And held the keys nothing happen now my screen is black and wont turn on please tell me you have a fix

Global Posts
    268 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by akersraju11 View Post
    I attempted this but when i press restart And held the keys nothing happen now my screen is black and wont turn on please tell me you have a fix
    Hold the power and home keys down, it may take 30 seconds to reboot.

I cant seem to install android it is saying cannot find cminstall folder

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

I just installed CM7 Alpha 2.1 and the Android Market on my Touchpad. They both work great! I've been spending much more time on Android than webOS now

Has anyone installed the Amazon App store on theirs, and if so, how did you do this, and what are your impressions regarding the stability of the whole platform after installing it ?

Quote Originally Posted by New2TeePee View Post
    I just installed CM7 Alpha 2.1 and the Android Market on my Touchpad. They both work great! I've been spending much more time on Android than webOS now

Has anyone installed the Amazon App store on theirs, and if so, how did you do this, and what are your impressions regarding the stability of the whole platform after installing it ?
    First of all, this is the greatest thing to happen to my touchpad!!! New2TeePee, the amazon app store is normally goofy and you need to log into your amazon account so they can email you a link to the .apk download. As far as the stability is concerned, it's flawless! All of the apps I installed work great!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    466 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by New2TeePee View Post
    Installing the Amazon Marketplace is easy. On your Android, head over to amazon.com, log in with your account. On the left, click: Appstore for Android --> App. Then on the right, click "Learn More" under "Getting Started".

That page has detailed instructions. You need do this only once.

As for stability, I find CM7 remarkably stable!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Thanks guys, that worked! This is awesome - now the Touchpad is probably the coolest Android tablet out there ;-)

Global Posts
    466 Global Posts

And it's real fast, too!

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

touch pad went black after i hit reset and press the volume button. what should I do now.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

ok, fix that problem but now at the command prompt it says ACMEI access denied.
    what can i do? Please help

Howdy folks, long time reader first time poster. So, along with a million other folks I've decided to install Android on my TP. I followed the directions at the beginning of this thread. Everything seemed to go well, I got to the double penguin stage, loaded, restarted to the boot page but no Cygen is an option. I double checked my files, I deleted them all, redownloaded them again, and now when it loads double penguin, it does so for a few seconds then says "restart when ready". Then any button I push is explained in text on the screen. I have to do a hard reset to get it to restart. The good news is that WebOS boots just fine, my "android folder" is still present on the TP, so I'm lost. I had updated my HPTP to the most current software a week ago if that matters? I'm by no means a Developer but can follow directions well and this seemed pretty straight forward install wise to me. I'm obviously missing something.

Any help is appreciated.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JCochrane View Post
    that's just an alpha problem they are working on, I have the same issues as will everyone
    When I open folder with novacom.exe and try to move it to cminstall all I get is a novacom file of 36 k and no exe file. Why

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

You don't move the novacom to cminstall. You install the Nova driver then move the acmeinstaller to cminstall

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

this is easier to follow

Quote Originally Posted by jhooks2 View Post
    You don't move the novacom to cminstall. You install the Nova driver then move the acmeinstaller to cminstall
    You don't move ACMEInstaller to cminstall either. You move ACMEInstaller to Palm, Inc folder on your computer.

Why can't I download any of the HP/android files. When I click on them it takes me to some shady looking site that wants me to install some flaky looking "download service- unzipper" program. All it does is keep feeding me adds and counts down, and starts that crap over and over again ?????

Can anyone tell me where I can find the files for this I've been looking for them for a week now please can you help me out

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Did you read the first post?

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

I'm thinking of doing this. I read that you need 2GB free to install cyanogenmod, if I free up space for android, plus some additional space for android apps, in my WebOs boot will all of my movies apps and what not remain after installing android?

Global Posts
    466 Global Posts

How much free space do you have right now?

Just installed the CM7 alpha 2a just perfectly. My wifi was set up and when my touchpad crashed, I no longer have wifi. Any reason behind this?

Just in time for Alpha 3 to be released!

CyanogenMod 7.1 Alpha 3 Released!

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jblather View Post
    How much free space do you have right now?
    I think I have 8 GB left right now. But my WebOs is loaded with movies and music, apps. Should I be prepared to lose all of that during the Android install and just add things back to WebOs once I finished? Thanks for the help.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast