[TUT] Installing Android CyanogenMod 7.1 Alpha 2a on HP TouchPad

jhooks2

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: [TUT] Installing Android CyanogenMod 7.1 Alpha 2a on HP Touch

touch pad went black after i hit reset and press the volume button. what should I do now.

jhooks2

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site

ok, fix that problem but now at the command prompt it says ACMEI access denied.
what can i do? Please help

Tlhfirelion

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Howdy folks, long time reader first time poster. So, along with a million other folks I've decided to install Android on my TP. I followed the directions at the beginning of this thread. Everything seemed to go well, I got to the double penguin stage, loaded, restarted to the boot page but no Cygen is an option. I double checked my files, I deleted them all, redownloaded them again, and now when it loads double penguin, it does so for a few seconds then says "restart when ready". Then any button I push is explained in text on the screen. I have to do a hard reset to get it to restart. The good news is that WebOS boots just fine, my "android folder" is still present on the TP, so I'm lost. I had updated my HPTP to the most current software a week ago if that matters? I'm by no means a Developer but can follow directions well and this seemed pretty straight forward install wise to me. I'm obviously missing something.

Any help is appreciated.

jhooks2

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site

You don't move the novacom to cminstall. You install the Nova driver then move the acmeinstaller to cminstall

Mr. Orange 645

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

You don't move the novacom to cminstall. You install the Nova driver then move the acmeinstaller to cminstall

You don't move ACMEInstaller to cminstall either. You move ACMEInstaller to Palm, Inc folder on your computer.

roydk740

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site

Why can't I download any of the HP/android files. When I click on them it takes me to some shady looking site that wants me to install some flaky looking "download service- unzipper" program. All it does is keep feeding me adds and counts down, and starts that crap over and over again ?????

agent00gemini

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site

Can anyone tell me where I can find the files for this I've been looking for them for a week now please can you help me out

Carini

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

I'm thinking of doing this. I read that you need 2GB free to install cyanogenmod, if I free up space for android, plus some additional space for android apps, in my WebOs boot will all of my movies apps and what not remain after installing android?

cheenofly

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site

Just installed the CM7 alpha 2a just perfectly. My wifi was set up and when my touchpad crashed, I no longer have wifi. Any reason behind this?

Carini

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

How much free space do you have right now?

I think I have 8 GB left right now. But my WebOs is loaded with movies and music, apps. Should I be prepared to lose all of that during the Android install and just add things back to WebOs once I finished? Thanks for the help.

vincredible

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site

So I was able to get past the command prompt and initiated the boot. I got the scrolling texts and all that, but then it says "Bad short file name....Auto-renaming it...Renamed to FSCK0000.001. It keeps doing that in numerical order. As of now, it's at FSCK0003.660. All the videos I've seen were straightforward and did not take as long as this. Haven't seen anyone address this either, so it begs the question if I am doing it correctly. Appreciate any and all help. Everything is in the right folders; I didn't change any file names. I really can't pinpoint what I'm doing wrong.

stoner-52

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

i go from usb recovery mode logo straight to webos boot logo after running novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller help please

qwilla

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

This is sweeter than sweet. Worked flawlessly! I did know to look for the alpha 3 download. Would be great if the first post could be updated.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084