Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    DemonHighwayman's Avatar

    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogenmod 9 RC

    Unhappy Are Google blocking the Touchpad from the Market ?

    I've been trying to get onto the google market all day using my touchpad and am now concerned. Every time I try I get a "no connection" message, despite being able to surf the web and play web only games.

    There is a screen shot below of what it says.

    I setup my google account and stuff, setting everything to the UK (maybe it's a UK problem) I also tried the google market on my android phone and it worked perfectly, which is what made me suspicious.

    Any help or advise would be appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Are Google blocking the Touchpad from the Market ?-screenshot-107420752.jpg  
  2. #2  
    Xsever's Avatar

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts

    Default Re: Are Google blocking the Touchpad from the Market ?

    Did you install the market fix from flemand and gapps?

    Google search for solutions using the terms I mentioned above.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    DemonHighwayman's Avatar

    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogenmod 9 RC

    Default Re: Are Google blocking the Touchpad from the Market ?

    I installed a market fix for missing apps in the first alpha but I'll try looking for the stuff you suggested. It has worked fine since the first release of android on the T-Pad, that's why I thought it might be google screwing things up.

    I might be mistaken but the touchpad is the first product running android which was designed for something else. Even the Nook Colour had android at it's core if i'm remembering correctly. This is another part of the reason I'm thinking google may just block it from the market

    Hope I'm wrong, but in the mean time I'll do that search.
  4. #4  
    Gratificulous's Avatar

    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/CM7 XRON 2.9.1

    Default Re: Are Google blocking the Touchpad from the Market ?

    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHighwayman View Post
    I've been trying to get onto the google market all day using my touchpad and am now concerned. Every time I try I get a "no connection" message, despite being able to surf the web and play web only games.

    There is a screen shot below of what it says.

    I setup my google account and stuff, setting everything to the UK (maybe it's a UK problem) I also tried the google market on my android phone and it worked perfectly, which is what made me suspicious.

    Any help or advise would be appreciated.
    Disconnect and reconnect your wifi. Looking at the image your wifi indicator is white, not green, which means it is not connected.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    DemonHighwayman's Avatar

    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogenmod 9 RC

    Default Re: Are Google blocking the Touchpad from the Market ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gratificulous View Post
    Disconnect and reconnect your wifi. Looking at the image your wifi indicator is white, not green, which means it is not connected.
    Tried that about 10 times so far, it still connects fine for internet browsing being white. Market seems to be the only connected app that won't connect
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Are Google blocking the Touchpad from the Market ?

    im having the same problem, facebook no longer works too.
  7. #7  
    Gratificulous's Avatar

    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/CM7 XRON 2.9.1

    Default Re: Are Google blocking the Touchpad from the Market ?

    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHighwayman View Post
    Tried that about 10 times so far, it still connects fine for internet browsing being white. Market seems to be the only connected app that won't connect
    The market is working I am on it now from my TouchPad.

    If you have already disconnected and reconnected, "forget" your wifi network, turn off your wifi, and turn it back on, then reconnect to your wifi network.

    Whenever my wifi indicator is white my wifi does not work. Your browser may have data cached to display whatever pages you are going to.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    DemonHighwayman's Avatar

    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogenmod 9 RC

    Default Re: Are Google blocking the Touchpad from the Market ?

    gmoney313 are you using the UK market ?



    Quote Originally Posted by Gratificulous View Post
    The market is working I am on it now from my TouchPad.

    If you have already disconnected and reconnected, "forget" your wifi network, turn off your wifi, and turn it back on, then reconnect to your wifi network.

    Whenever my wifi indicator is white my wifi does not work. Your browser may have data cached to display whatever pages you are going to.
    I shall try resetting the router just in case something has gone wrong but the regular internet does seem to be fine because I loaded up a news page and it was all current.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    DemonHighwayman's Avatar

    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogenmod 9 RC

    Default Re: Are Google blocking the Touchpad from the Market ?

    Just reset router, forgot all networks and rebooted T-Pad but still have the same problem
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Are Google blocking the Touchpad from the Market ?

    no i was using US market, i just uninstalled and reinstalled alpha 2 to fix it, it was quicker than trying to repair it
  11. #11  
    Gratificulous's Avatar

    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/CM7 XRON 2.9.1

    Default Re: Are Google blocking the Touchpad from the Market ?

    Quote Originally Posted by gmoney313 View Post
    no i was using US market, i just uninstalled and reinstalled alpha 2 to fix it, it was quicker than trying to repair it
    That's a bummer. I have not ran into a wifi issue that forgetting and/or disconnecting has not fixed.
  12. #12  
    Xsever's Avatar

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts

    Default Re: Are Google blocking the Touchpad from the Market ?

    Quote Originally Posted by gmoney313 View Post
    im having the same problem, facebook no longer works too.
    If facebook is not working and displaying the force close error.

    Go into the market (if you can) or get your hands on "fakegps", run it, and set a location. Facebook works perfectly fine after that.

    As for your market problems, I cannot comment as mine works perfectly.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    DemonHighwayman's Avatar

    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogenmod 9 RC

    Default Re: Are Google blocking the Touchpad from the Market ?

    Quote Originally Posted by gmoney313 View Post
    no i was using US market, i just uninstalled and reinstalled alpha 2 to fix it, it was quicker than trying to repair it
    And it's all working well now ?
  14. #14  
    cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar

    Posts
    68 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,957 Global Posts

    Default Re: Are Google blocking the Touchpad from the Market ?

    I am using the UK market - no problems here.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  
    DemonHighwayman's Avatar

    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogenmod 9 RC

    Default Re: Are Google blocking the Touchpad from the Market ?

    Well day 2 and it was still not working. Day 3 and I've woke up to find webos 3.04 installed itself

    So after I get CM7 running again I'm hoping the problem will be sorted out, if not I' think I'll try reinstalling the market.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    DemonHighwayman's Avatar

    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogenmod 9 RC

    Default Re: Are Google blocking the Touchpad from the Market ?

    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHighwayman View Post
    Well day 2 and it was still not working. Day 3 and I've woke up to find webos 3.04 installed itself

    So after I get CM7 running again I'm hoping the problem will be sorted out, if not I' think I'll try reinstalling the market.
    Ok just did the repair procedure recommended after webos 3.0.4 update(reinstalling moboot) and the market is up and running again !

    I'm not sure what the problem was but after numerous searches for the same problem and finding nothing, I'm glad I started this thread in case others come across the same problem.
  17. #17  
    century01's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

    Default Re: Are Google blocking the Touchpad from the Market ?

    Mine did that when I first installed Alpha2 and does every so often.I switch to webos for a few hours then back to android.This normally fixes it for me.Try clearing your search history as well in the market.In US market.nice to meet everyone
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  
    DemonHighwayman's Avatar

    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogenmod 9 RC

    Default Re: Are Google blocking the Touchpad from the Market ?

    Quote Originally Posted by century01 View Post
    Mine did that when I first installed Alpha2 and does every so often.I switch to webos for a few hours then back to android.This normally fixes it for me.Try clearing your search history as well in the market.In US market.nice to meet everyone
    Thanks man, I just noticed last night that the problem has come back again, so I will give your suggestions a try
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Are Google blocking the Touchpad from the Market ?

    Tonight I started having the same issue. First "no connection" If I try using the browser to get to the Android Market I get "Security warning" There is a problem with the security certificate for this site"
    "x This certificate is not from a trusted authority"
    I can get to other sites fine.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  
    DemonHighwayman's Avatar

    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogenmod 9 RC

    Default Re: Are Google blocking the Touchpad from the Market ?

    Quote Originally Posted by RobWest501 View Post
    Tonight I started having the same issue. First "no connection" If I try using the browser to get to the Android Market I get "Security warning" There is a problem with the security certificate for this site"
    "x This certificate is not from a trusted authority"
    I can get to other sites fine.
    Thinking back to the first time it happened, I had a warning in the browser afterwards but I dismissed it and it never came back.

    Anyway yesterday I left webos running for most of the day, booted up android in the evening and the market was working correctly again. So I'd definitely recommend leaving it in webos for a while then going back.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Are Google blocking the Touchpad from the Market ?

    My problem fixed, first I noticed my TouchPad clock was 3 hours off, the year was 1970, weird.
    When I checked my accounts the auto sync was turned off. I corrected those issues and re-set my router. I re-booted problem fixed.
    I installed a WiFi toggle widget, has color indicator button for for on/off. Recommended (looks great too)..
  22. #22  
    William13's Avatar

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

    Default Re: Are Google blocking the Touchpad from the Market ?

    The Market app will let me download, and install, but some stuff is missing,
    like Bejeweled 2, and if I go to the Android market web page for Bejeweled 2
    is will say, "You don't have any devices.", even when logged in, if I go to
    "My Market Account" it shows what I installed with the Market app, but will
    not let me install or reinstall them, and under "Settings" in "My Market Account"
    and "My Devices" it shows "There are no Android devices associated with this account"

    I can use the Amazon market, but its missing a lot of stuff.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Are Google blocking the Touchpad from the Market ?

    Quote Originally Posted by RobWest501 View Post
    My problem fixed, first I noticed my TouchPad clock was 3 hours off, the year was 1970, weird.
    When I checked my accounts the auto sync was turned off. I corrected those issues and re-set my router. I re-booted problem fixed.
    I installed a WiFi toggle widget, has color indicator button for for on/off. Recommended (looks great too)..
    I had the same problem. The 1970 date and 3 hour thing. All I did was turn off automatic. Then set the date, time, and time zone. Then turn automatic back on. That seemed to fix the market. Weird...
  24. #24  
    nfigot's Avatar

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHighwayman View Post
    Just reset router, forgot all networks and rebooted T-Pad but still have the same problem
    Check your date in settings. I found my date reset to 1/1/1970 (2nd time now so maybe 2.1a bug?). I just corrected date and both android and Amazon market are working again. I just now noticed that my wifi indicator is back to green from white. I think all this was to related to whatever caused the date to reset and simple date reset might be the fix.

    God luck

    Neil
  25. #25  
    William13's Avatar

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

    Default Re: Are Google blocking the Touchpad from the Market ?

    Quote Originally Posted by will1384 View Post
    The Market app will let me download, and install, but some stuff is missing,
    like Bejeweled 2, and if I go to the Android market web page for Bejeweled 2
    is will say, "You don't have any devices.", even when logged in, if I go to
    "My Market Account" it shows what I installed with the Market app, but will
    not let me install or reinstall them, and under "Settings" in "My Market Account"
    and "My Devices" it shows "There are no Android devices associated with this account"

    I can use the Amazon market, but its missing a lot of stuff.
    The regular Android market now shows the HP Touchpad, however some stuff
    shows country and carrier restrictions.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions