Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    DeadVim's Avatar

    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts

    Default Sleep Of Death (SOD) Workaround App

    Thanks to Segnale007 over at the Cyanogenmod forum for this ...

    The app "SoftLocker Free" will prevent the TP from going into a deep sleep.

    I know this isn't ideal but may be of some use to people who are getting this problem regularly.
  2. #2  
    midas69's Avatar

    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sleep Of Death (SOD) Workaround App

    Alas, it didn't work for me. It seems better, but I still had 1 SoD since yesterday when I started using it.
  3. #3  
    Xsever's Avatar

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sleep Of Death (SOD) Workaround App

    I am surprised people are getting SODs.

    I am yet to get one even when I set POWERSAVE governor before I put the tablet in standby.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Sleep Of Death (SOD) Workaround App

    Hi there, Speaking of death prediction, I find it really odd that one of the on-line death prediction services showed me the same death date that I was foretold in my dream about a year ago. - I can’t explain this coincidence in any other way except that there must be some kind of magic involved here.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    DeadVim's Avatar

    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sleep Of Death (SOD) Workaround App

    Quote Originally Posted by midas69 View Post
    Alas, it didn't work for me. It seems better, but I still had 1 SoD since yesterday when I started using it.
    Bummer, hopefully Alpha 3 will progress things a bit.

    Quote Originally Posted by aduk999 View Post
    Hi there, Speaking of death prediction, I find it really odd that one of the on-line death prediction services showed me the same death date that I was foretold in my dream about a year ago. - I cant explain this coincidence in any other way except that there must be some kind of magic involved here.
    I hope to go out like John Entwhistle of The Who ... Old, respected and surrounded by drugs. Women would be nice too.
  6. #6  
    Xsever's Avatar

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sleep Of Death (SOD) Workaround App

    Quote Originally Posted by DeadVim View Post
    Bummer, hopefully Alpha 3 will progress things a bit.
    For those wondering about alpha 3, @dalingrin said on his twitter when someone asked about alpha 3: "probably not too soon"
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    DeadVim's Avatar

    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sleep Of Death (SOD) Workaround App

    Quote Originally Posted by Xsever View Post
    For those wondering about alpha 3, @dalingrin said on his twitter when someone asked about alpha 3: "probably not too soon"
    The gang at CM are mellowing, what happened to a straight answer of "No ETAs!"

    Alpha 3 will be more like Beta 1 in any case ...
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Sleep Of Death (SOD) Workaround App

    Quote Originally Posted by DeadVim View Post
    Bummer, hopefully Alpha 3 will progress things a bit.



    I hope to go out like John Entwhistle of The Who ... Old, respected and surrounded by drugs. Women would be nice too.

    My grandmother used to say we leave this world the same way we come into it.

    I always took that to mean that I'm going out naked, screaming, and covered in blood.



    (I'd throw in another "part" to that joke, but that'd be in really really bad taste)
    Thanked by:
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Sleep Of Death (SOD) Workaround App

    I rec'd zero SOD's with alpha 1.x. With 2.1, I get them all day, every day. Alpha 2.1 set back my cpu clock to the lowest setting (192?). I will try bumping it back up to 384, which is what I manually set it too with the initial release.

    There is a TON of work to do before this build is stable. We are talking months before any thought of nightlies. Alpha 3 will be mid-November as it is ...

    I love the work that CyanogenMod does. They should be commended ...
  10. #10  
    marcedhk's Avatar

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sleep Of Death (SOD) Workaround App

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomen8r View Post
    We are talking months before any thought of nightlies. Alpha 3 will be mid-November as it is ...
    That's kind of scary. If Google follows a similar schedule as Gingerbread, the ICS source code could be out just a couple weeks after the first ICS handset hits the market. The Galaxy Nexus comes out on Nov 17, so by end of November the ICS source code could be out.

    Seeing as the real objective has always been Ice Cream Sandwich on the TouchPad, once the ICS source is released how much resource is Cyanogenmod likely to continue to put into Gingerbread, i.e. CM7 for TP? I'm thinking not much, and so it may not be until CM8 with ICS that we have a really stable and complete Android implementation for TP owners - that sounds like several months from now.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Sleep Of Death (SOD) Workaround App

    not working on Gingerbread to focus on ICS works fine for me as long as I can run netflix and comixology while I wait. I am only buying it as a comic reader anyways.
  12. #12  
    William13's Avatar

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sleep Of Death (SOD) Workaround App

    Quote Originally Posted by DeadVim View Post
    Thanks to Segnale007 over at the Cyanogenmod forum for this ...

    The app "SoftLocker Free" will prevent the TP from going into a deep sleep.

    I know this isn't ideal but may be of some use to people who are getting this problem regularly.
    With CM Alpha 1, I was getting the SOD, nothing worked except Setcpu, then I
    installed CM Alpha 2, and Setcpu no longer worked, but SoftLocker Free did, I then
    decided to do a clean install, and I was able to remove all of Android, and then
    reinstall CM Alpha 2, now SoftLocker Free no longer works but Setcpu does,
    how is that for strange ?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    DeadVim's Avatar

    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sleep Of Death (SOD) Workaround App

    Quote Originally Posted by will1384 View Post
    With CM Alpha 1, I was getting the SOD, nothing worked except Setcpu, then I
    installed CM Alpha 2, and Setcpu no longer worked, but SoftLocker Free did, I then
    decided to do a clean install, and I was able to remove all of Android, and then
    reinstall CM Alpha 2, now SoftLocker Free no longer works but Setcpu does,
    how is that for strange ?
    Very odd, I'm planning on doing a complete wipe of the TP when a stable CM version appears.

    I'm enjoying the Alpha a lot thought, I was streaming video in the browser the other night with no worries at all.

    Unlike my webOS browser which, post 3.0.4 upgrade suddenly decided that it didn't like the ABC iView (TV catch-up) site any more ...

    Technology eh?
  14. #14  
    atulmodi's Avatar

    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sleep Of Death (SOD) Workaround App

    Where can I find SoftLocker free. I checked in Hp Apps, Preware but didn't find it.
  15. #15  
    midas69's Avatar

    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sleep Of Death (SOD) Workaround App

    Quote Originally Posted by atulmodi View Post
    Where can I find SoftLocker free. I checked in Hp Apps, Preware but didn't find it.
    It's an Android app not a webOS app so it's in the Android Market.

  16. #16  
    alansupra94's Avatar

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 7

    Default Re: Sleep Of Death (SOD) Workaround App

    I will try out the app today and see what happens. Experienced one SOD yesterday.

Posting Permissions

B