Permenant sleep of death??

fej180

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Guys,

I installed the CM dual boot on the TP last night. It fell into the deep sleep mode a few times but I was able to reboot it. Last night I put it on the charger (while running Android) and confirmed it was charging. Then this morning it was in the deep sleep mode, but I can't reboot it at all.

I am not sure whats going on with it, but if anyone knows how to get it on that would be great. Thanks :)

Gratificulous

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Guys,

I installed the CM dual boot on the TP last night. It fell into the deep sleep mode a few times but I was able to reboot it. Last night I put it on the charger (while running Android) and confirmed it was charging. Then this morning it was in the deep sleep mode, but I can't reboot it at all.

I am not sure whats going on with it, but if anyone knows how to get it on that would be great. Thanks :)

Hold power + home for a while (like 15-30 seconds). It will come back, don't fret :)

Reactions: DIESTROnG

aug0211#WN

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Hold power + home for a while (like 15-30 seconds). It will come back, don't fret :)

Hey everyone,

I was in the same boat - went in to SOD, and held power + home. Saw it shut down, but it never came back up. I can't get it to come back up. Seems like it's bricked... any ideas?

I've tried holding power + home (for over a minute) multiple times, with charger, without, tried holding volume up and power, volume up with power and home, etc. Let it sit charging for a day, and still can't get anywhere.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I was in the same boat - went in to SOD, and held power + home. Saw it shut down, but it never came back up. I can't get it to come back up. Seems like it's bricked... any ideas?

I've tried holding power + home (for over a minute) multiple times, with charger, without, tried holding volume up and power, volume up with power and home, etc. Let it sit charging for a day, and still can't get anywhere.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Is it still dead?

aug0211#WN

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Well, I tried everything I could think of. Couldn't find anything... Ended up contacting webOS Butler Service... they'll repair my device... let's hope that they somehow don't see what all is on it? They asked if I had any 3rd party apps installed... I said no, but we'll see :)

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Well, I tried everything I could think of. Couldn't find anything... Ended up contacting webOS Butler Service... they'll repair my device... let's hope that they somehow don't see what all is on it? They asked if I had any 3rd party apps installed... I said no, but we'll see :)

That's a bummer. :(

Gratificulous

May 5, 2011
Visit site

Do you have other USB cables? Try charging it through a PC if the adapter that came with it is not working.

aug0211#WN

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I had tried charging in every fashion imaginable :)

After HP received the TouchPad and looked at it, they gave me a call. They let me know it was running Android and that my warranty was no longer good.

They told me it would be $235 to repair the device if I wanted it back. I sad to please send it back, unrepaired, and that I would not pay the $235.

I got the device back and it's fixed :) Issue was a bad motherboard. I will have to check the serial number on it to see if they repaired it or replaced it, but my hunch is that they replaced it.

Got lucky :) Thanks, HP!

Haven't put Android back on... yet... I would desperately love for a more stable release than Alpha 2, but I really can't use webOS to do my work. I need more apps :)

dahauss

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
is there a fix for this? I have not had this issue at all until yesterday, I rebooted by doing the 2 button hold thing.. but its happening more and more.. this along with the wifi disconnect issue is makign the TP useless for android.

can someone recommend a GOOD DEAL on a real android 10" tablet??

dahauss

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
is there a fix for this? I have not had this issue at all until yesterday, I rebooted by doing the 2 button hold thing.. but its happening more and more.. this along with the wifi disconnect issue is makign the TP useless for android.

can someone recommend a GOOD DEAL on a real android 10" tablet??

Anyone? Another sleep of death tonight

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995