Novacom not making a connection with TP

bulldog-yota

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I used novacom before to install PreWare on both my TPs. Currently trying to get Droid on one TP, but for some reason Novacom no longer wants to connect with the TP. This make sit hard to reboot the TP and complete the Droid install.

Will try to reinstall novacom and see fi it can connect with the TP.

Even if I use the webOS quick install it doesn't seem to be able to to connect to the TP. So maybe I will try to get this to work first.

Anybody else had this issue before?

Really interested to see how Droid works on the TP, and gets some apps not available on the TP. I do like webOS a lot and even more after using it a bit, but excited to try a dual boot system for a larger eco system.

New2TeePee

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I've installed CM7 on three Touchpads now and it went without a glitch every time. When you say novacom doesn't work, what exactly are you doing, and what is the symptom you see ? Were you able to create the cminstall folder and copy the three files necessary (and the gapps file optionally) ? Were you then able to properly get out of USB mode ?

bulldog-yota

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
It stated Novacom not able to connect to server.

Rebooted my Vista laptop, checked and webOS quick install was able to connect.

Now novacom did connect and busy installing CM7 :)

So it seemed a simple reboot fo the laptop and TP resolved the issue (probably more a laptop issue).

Busy booting CM7 now, will see how it goes :eek:

Well CM7 is running, busy downloading apps at the moment. I may just like the dual boot setup. Missing the UI of webOS a bit, but Droid seems very responsive on the TP.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa