How much space is taken up by the CM7 install on 32bg TP?

maypo52

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if this is already posted somewhere.

I have a 32gb HP TP with 18gb's available. How much of this available space will be partitioned by the CM7 install? Can the partition size be specified? What is the minimum size for the CM7 partition?

Thanks.

kenmitch

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm no expert but I think it goes like this as far as what CM7 does with the 2gb's

/dev/store/cm-system [304 MB] <OS
/dev/store/cm-cache [200 MB]
/dev/store/cm-data [1.50 GB] < Apps(Android)

Pretty sure things like videos, photos, documents, etc are stored in the remaining space which is shared between CM7 an webOS. For example a video would be playable in both as long as it's compatable with the player.

Reactions: maypo52

maypo52

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Oh! so it actually shares free storage space between the to OS's...that makes sense. So you don't have to worry about how much space to give one or the other. That's cool.

So I'm one step closer to deciding to make the leap to cm7...still a little nervous about it.

Thanks again for the info.

kenmitch

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
No problemo....Your welcome :)

If you like the Android OS it's worth trying. Not a whole lotta work to the install. The customization afterward is what takes the time. The initial install is boring looking. The playing around with themes, apps, launchers, etc kinda makes it fun.

If you don't like it then it's removable but I think the only way to regain the 2gb's is to run web doctor after you remove it.

jblather

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes, Android has many different 'control panels'. This makes customization time-consuming, awkward and a giant pain. I hope ICS fixes that.

To regain the 2gig file slice is to run CM7's uninstall script. It reclaims the 2gig automagically.

Reactions: maypo52

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude