CyanogenMod 7.1 Alpha 3 Released!

jblather

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Revertting back to earlier build is up to you but they will probably have a fix for it in a few days. CM is good about addressing bugs. I was thinking it may have had something to do with it being a holiday and somebody may have rushed something because they were running out of time.

Ah good plan. I'll wait a while.

crutzulee

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
They'll probably have a fix for the gliches in a few days.

When you say you have a major app;ication broken, which one are you speaking of?

When i wrote application, I was referring to a specific usage I have for my tablet (namely watching videos) - not in the sense that it is more commonly known these days in referrence to a "program" that runs under an OS (android in this case).
It does not seem to matter which app I use, mobo player, rockplayer, stock etc, videos now look like a$$ compared to 2.1.
Although I have finally found something about alpha 3 that I like better than 2.1 (the crt close screen animation), it is not enough to keep me from switching back.
I will kick these tires for the rest of the weekend. I doubt that the CM team will have a fix by then and with flashing roms being so easy in CWM, it's not much of a hastle to flash back and forth once one becomes available. As I 've said all along.... I love having options. We should all be gratefull for them.

maypo52

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else had a problem with pixelled video playback (Netflix, mxvideo player, etc) with alpha 3. Video was perfect on alpha 2 and can't find any settings to fix it. Everything else is running smooth

Here too! Seems like they broke more then they fixed. Don't get me wrong, I think the Dev's are doing a great job but you would think there would be some QA before a new release. I will wait for the fixes that I hope will come soon.

old_geekster

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I went from Alpha to Alpha 3 with nothing in between. Therefore, I don't have much to compare. I do notice some pixelation while watching Netflix, as mentioned. I hadn't watched any movies in Alpha, however. For now, I am going to stick with Alpha 3. It seems to work fine for what I do with it.

dignitary

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
The pixelated video issues are already reported in their issues list, and I'm sure they'll get on them pretty soon.

CM7 Touchpad Issues List: http://code.google.com/p/cmtouchpad/issues/list

NOTE: Before adding an issue to the above list, please do a comprehensive search through all current and fixed issues beforehand or it will be merged, closed, and/or giggled at by another contributor.

Reactions: somline

poqonos

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
After using Alpha 3 past several days I noticed wifi issue appears to be resolved but Netflix app freeze up after playing 15-20, I can hear the Audio but frozen video. Anyone experiencing similar Netflix issue

buzz86us

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I went from Alpha to Alpha 3 with nothing in between. Therefore, I don't have much to compare. I do notice some pixelation while watching Netflix, as mentioned. I hadn't watched any movies in Alpha, however. For now, I am going to stick with Alpha 3. It seems to work fine for what I do with it.
Yeah at first I thought it was that google market downloaded a version of netflix meant for a mobile phone.

anon(560890)

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
The Netflix issue could be more to do the wi-fi issue of the build (wi-fi doesn't seem to be as strong as webOS) which I feel they will improve on, but I've had issues with Netflix streaming on everything, wired and wi-fi. I've had Netflix screw up with laptop, desktop, and blueray. On the plus side, with CM, at least we can access Netflix with the TP. Never would have happened with webOS.

marcedhk

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Unlike most people that have posted here, alpha 3 isn't working out well for me. While the SOD issue has disappeared, I'm getting a lot of app hangups and having to force close, and this is happening with apps which hardly gave any trouble before - the default Email, Browser, and even the WiFi Settings pages. I might downgrade back to alpha 2 until a new upgrade comes out.

marcedhk

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
They're not selling it - they've made it available as a free download. The links and instructions are back at the beginning of this thread.

crutzulee

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Love, love, love the devs of this rom but alpha 3 was a step back for me. I was planning to give it more of a chance but once I started having wifi issues, it made the decision to return to 2.1 easy.
For me 2.1 has been rock solid. I've been fortunate to have no SOD, wifi issues or video playback problems with it.
I just hope their ICS port has a few revisions that are based off of the wifi kernal of 2.1 so that I don't get left behind!

anon(560890)

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Love, love, love the devs of this rom but alpha 3 was a step back for me. I was planning to give it more of a chance but once I started having wifi issues, it made the decision to return to 2.1 easy.
For me 2.1 has been rock solid. I've been fortunate to have no SOD, wifi issues or video playback problems with it.
I just hope their ICS port has a few revisions that are based off of the wifi kernal of 2.1 so that I don't get left behind!

How easy was it for you to do the roll back? I might try it also.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae