Tether TP/Cyn alpha 3 and easytether?

joos519

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I just added the cyn 7.1 alpha 3 to my TP and was wondering if anyone has tried tethering it with easytether or another tethering program successfully. I know some TP owner had some success with tethering on Webos, but it didn't work with all phones. I have a Thunderbolt (which wasn't supported on webos tethering) Any info would be great, especially if we could tether via bluetooth.

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I use wifi tether on my tbolt. I can use it with webos and cm 7. I dunno why you wouldn't be able to but it works fine.

sent from my thunderbolt

joos519

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I use wifi tether on my tbolt. I can use it with webos and cm 7. I dunno why you wouldn't be able to but it works fine.

sent from my thunderbolt

Really, is your TB rooted? Mine is still stock. I read that you couldn't tether with the TP using a TB in one of the threads on precentrals. Can you please explain what you had to do to get tethering or can you provide me with the source/link for the procedure. I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

crutzulee

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I use a program called barnicle tether with my SGS and TP. It worked fine under 3.0 and 2.1 (which I've reverted to) .
Didn't put any thought or research into it. I think I typed tether into the market search and it came up as a free program. It required no setup and simply worked! I like when that happens.

frmorrison

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Really, is your TB rooted? Mine is still stock. I read that you couldn't tether with the TP using a TB in one of the threads on precentrals. Can you please explain what you had to do to get tethering or can you provide me with the source/link for the procedure. I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

I have an Inspire rooted using stock (because hotspot is blocked unless you pay another 20/month) using Wireless tether and it works with TP on webOS and CM7.
I am fairly sure all stock Android phones block WiFi tethering, unless you pay up or root the phone.

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I am rooted. I used revolutionary but am not running a rom. Stock Rom using wifi tether. Tp are not able to see ad hoc hotspots but I'm not sure that tb is giving a ad hoc signal. It just works for me. Try it out !

sent from my thunderbolt

joos519

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I am rooted. I used revolutionary but am not running a rom. Stock Rom using wifi tether. Tp are not able to see ad hoc hotspots but I'm not sure that tb is giving a ad hoc signal. It just works for me. Try it out !

sent from my thunderbolt

Thank you all for all of your input. Thristy1258, thanks I'll try revolutionary and some of the other suggestions. Thanks again,

joos519

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to report that I installed revolutionary on my tbolt and have wifi tether working with the tp. Was actually pretty easy, thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool