TouchPad ICS Progress

Gratificulous

May 5, 2011
Visit site
A quick note I saw from the primary developer's Twitter page:

"ATM we have a show stopping bug on the Touchpad with the input system that I haven't been able to workaround. No idea how long it will take"

Don't hurt me I am just the messenger!

Reactions: marzy57

DeadVim

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
This is true.

He did mention they have a semi-working port on the Nook Color. So if it wasn't for the issue on the TP I would assume they would have a semi-working build there as well.

The input bug has been fixed according to dalingrin's Twitter :cool:

"Everyone should thank @Jcsullins. He helped get the Touchpad input problem fixed. Still a ton of work to do so don't expect anything soon"

Gratificulous

May 5, 2011
Visit site
The input bug has been fixed according to dalingrin's Twitter :cool:

"Everyone should thank @Jcsullins. He helped get the Touchpad input problem fixed. Still a ton of work to do so don't expect anything soon"

Haha, you read my mind. I was just coming to post this; indeed good news!

DeadVim

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Saw this from Rootzwiki from Dalingrin:

The fact that it's a priority and is progressing pleases me no end.

Holy ake mushrooms! This is exciting. I have no desire to join twitter but I have to admit that I find myself Googling @dalingrin at least once a day.

Not just me then? :-[

I've not felt the need to donate to a project before but the CM team were welcome to my contribution.

crutzulee

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Video playback is huge for me. I am still on 2.1 because of it.
Right now that build does everything I need it to do with stable wifi. If they can get ICS to that level of stability on my touchpad (I am convinced that there are hardware descrepancies that account for differing issues with cm7 builds) , then I will be happy to upgrade. I just hope the CM team will continue to churn out various alpha builds so that people can sample and choose what works best for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2