Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Default WiFi disconnection issue

Is there any fix for constant Wi-Fi disconnects ? It's almost making android unusable

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Default Re: WiFi disconnection issue

It's very router dependent. I haven't yet figured out exactly what settings cause it. I have absolutely zero issues with my home router. It stays connected all the time, even on sleeps and such. At work, it's not too bad, but can be a little finicky. If I'm visiting my parents, I drop wi-fi all the time. Like, every 15 minutes. My dad's router is about $100 more expensive than mine too!

What channel is your router on, and what security do you have? (I use WPA2 and it has worked fine on both channels 6 and 8...on 8 now).
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Since I instated the updated alpha 3 by the other person and then ran the terminal command to clear WiFi, it seems to be holding we'll see

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts

I'm personally sick of this issue as I'm completely back to using web os. I've tried clearing cache in recovery multiple times to no avail.....I want my android back!

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gmen78 View Post
    I'm personally sick of this issue as I'm completely back to using web os. I've tried clearing cache in recovery multiple times to no avail.....I want my android back!
    Try Regpon from the market.
    I've never had this issue.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pa49 View Post
    Try Regpon from the market.
    I've never had this issue.
    Seems like that program will kill battery ? Anyway, so far so good with using the terminal command in other post to clear WiFi Then add back my WiFi. Its stayed all night, even when I had screen off. Now to see goes l how it works when I go to work in the morning.

Sent from my EVO4G using Tapatalk.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Well, The WIFI fix I thought solved the issue didnt.. In Fact, I now click on SETTINGS-->WIFI and I get a delayed response and then a "ACTIVITY WI-FI Settings (in Application Settings) is not responding" message... sometimes I can press WAIT and other times I have to press FORCE CLOSE. then it goes to WIFIU & NETWORK SETTINGS.. I think there is an issue bugger then just the type of router or channel. I hate to go back to WEBOS but it appears I may have to until someone can resolve the WIFI issue.

Right now it doesnt show ANY WI-FI networks and the response is REALLY SLOW.. please..... someone fix this!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Now the unit wont even turn on and a LONG PRESS of the power button does nothing.. I think I am going to go back to WEBOS and get a REAL ANDROID tablet. this is just crazy to go through all of this. I know its alpha but still....

^^
    Dont know your circu,stances. but works fine for me. Maybe a clean wipe and reinstallation of a3 and then Xron on it may do the trick.
    It works just like a "real" android tab

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dahauss View Post
    Seems like that program will kill battery ? Anyway, so far so good with using the terminal command in other post to clear WiFi Then add back my WiFi. Its stayed all night, even when I had screen off. Now to see goes l how it works when I go to work in the morning.

Why would it kill the battery?

I was having very severe problems with disconnections or the WIFI utility freezing. My issue was corrected by installing Alpha 3.5 and leaving Airplane mode on all the time. Now, it's been rock solid for the past couple of days. YMMV.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

You can't leave seriousness airplane mode on with WiFi. As soon as I turn on WiFi airplane mode turns off

Try the following to fix the wifi connection problem.

Go to settings
    Applications
    Developement
    Device Host Name
    Change the host name to something 16 characters or shorter (Some routers don't like a host name longer than 16 characters)

This fixed my WIFI