HP Touchpad for drawing fanatic

shanimal92

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I am sorry if this is not where this post should be. I want to buy my sister a Touchpad for Christmas. She draws Anime and Manga and i was wondering if there was an Android app that would be of use to her. I would like to buy her a laptop but i dont have the money for that, so a tablet was my next choice. If i put cyanogenmod mod on it, is there an app that would allow her to upload her pics and stuff to the tablet and and color them or make them into a comic book or something? better yet, i know this isnt about Android, is there a WebOS app that does that? I saw something called a Wacom tablet but is says it only works on Windows and Mac (maybe Linux, dont remember) so i think thats out of the question.

atraum

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I realize you didn't get a TouchPad but for anyone else reading SketchBook Mobile might be the way to go. I got it free and it looks like it's got plenty of advanced features, I just don't really use it.

Sharon Kay

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I am sorry if this is not where this post should be. I want to buy my sister a Touchpad for Christmas. She draws Anime and Manga and i was wondering if there was an Android app that would be of use to her. I would like to buy her a laptop but i dont have the money for that, so a tablet was my next choice. If i put cyanogenmod mod on it, is there an app that would allow her to upload her pics and stuff to the tablet and and color them or make them into a comic book or something? better yet, i know this isnt about Android, is there a WebOS app that does that? I saw something called a Wacom tablet but is says it only works on Windows and Mac (maybe Linux, dont remember) so i think thats out of the question.

Just in case you didn't find this out before ... a "wacom tablet" is something you connect to your pc and draw with ... I use it with my laptop in Photoshop (CS3) to draw things.

I have the Sketchbook app on my HP Touchpad ... I am hoping to get a capacitive stylus to use with it ... then it will work similar to the wacom with my CS3.

I hope this helps. ...and that is a cool gift for your sister!

Tirron

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Just in case you didn't find this out before ... a "wacom tablet" is something you connect to your pc and draw with ... I use it with my laptop in Photoshop (CS3) to draw things.

I have the Sketchbook app on my HP Touchpad ... I am hoping to get a capacitive stylus to use with it ... then it will work similar to the wacom with my CS3.

I hope this helps. ...and that is a cool gift for your sister!

Actually they make PC tablets that the screen is wacom enabled; like the Fujitsu T901. They're pricey but extremely nice for drawing or note taking.

In my experience I haven't found the capacitive stylus to be sensitive enough for me, but I'll admit that I'm spoiled by having a wacom enabled PC tablet. Most of the capacitive styli I've seen are quite cheap so they might be worth a try.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084