GetJar is Offering a Bunch of Premium Apps Free for the Holidays!

dignitary

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Just found the deal on Reddit a few minutes ago, which is almost better than the 10 $0.10 Premium Apps for 10 Days on Google Market Deal. Hit up http://m.getjar.com on CM7 and install their marketplace app.

They've got 100+ Premium Apps for free for the Holidays, including:

- Picsel Smart Office
- Splashtop Remote Desktop
- Fruit Ninja HD
- TuneIn Radio Pro (Recording/rewind of live audio, blows away other platforms' versions.)
- Wave Launcher (Emulates the webOS 'wave' launcher fuily)

Here's a list you can check out in your browser before installing GetJar: http://mktg.getjar.com/getjargoldcatalogue.html

Happy Holidays, Touchpad CM7 Users! And for those of you new to the experience, welcome to the land of alternative marketplaces. :) Awesome!

atulmodi

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: GetJar is Offering a Bunch of Premium Apps Free for the Holid

how to download? When I go to my Dolphin browser and click on download button it ask for device make and model and I can not find hp touchpad. What to select here?

I am new to Getjar. Is it good to download from non android source?

Thanks in advance.

crutzulee

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

Really would love to download splashtop (since I paid for the webos version) for free on android. I'm also stuck at the device selection screen.

rickandroid

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site

I chose Samsung s2 then had an issue getting the m.getjar site in dolphin, was set to desktop in the user agent, so used opera mobile to download and install the getjar app. Playing the freebies right now, thanks to the op for the original heads up.

Mutoidi

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site

Yeah.. I was 'stuck' with webOS.. & with HP's crazy deal with Splashtop.. like 'reduced' from $19:99 to $9:99 and then 'reduced' again to $4:99.!!!!

What a relief to have n0w ported 'Android' and buttoned over to Getjar to download a $0:00 Splashtop.

Happy Holidays!

:)

panhandle

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the heads upon this TheIndepndant! Just downloaded a ton of stuff.

On side note... does anyone else hate thatyou can only sign in using Facebook? I don't like giving permission to outside companies for my Facebook. It asks for full accessto my info at anytime. I know it 's being paranoid, but I don't like it

Reactions: DeadVim

KenNashua

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
So Fruit Ninja THD is on the web site but not available from the getjar app one my Touchpad. Any workaround?

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk

DeadVim

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the heads upon this TheIndepndant! Just downloaded a ton of stuff.

On side note... does anyone else hate thatyou can only sign in using Facebook? I don't like giving permission to outside companies for my Facebook. It asks for full accessto my info at anytime. I know it 's being paranoid, but I don't like it

Yup, it bugs me too ... I've never been on Facebook and don't intend starting now.

panhandle

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, I only use my Facebook to keep in touch with friends and family that I don't get to see often. I don't play games on it and I don't allow any company access to my profile and info. So,I hate when they make you use your Facebook. Make it an option for those who want to use it, but give people like me an option to register separately. That way i can control what info they have access to.

panhandle

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

I didn't need to sign into facebook to get the apps, but I wanted to create a profile to save what apps I get. You can't create a separate profile without using face book, or even look at the comments with out allowing their app access to your profile. When it asks for permission to your profile it says it can access your info at anytime, and can post as you. I don't like that. :-\