HP Touchpad/Android won't connect to Wifi

ZTharakan

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,

I recently put Android onto my HP Touchpad. The first time I was using it, the wifi connected to my internet just fine. Now however, it sees it is there but just goes through the sequence of (Connecting...Scanning...Disconnected)

This has been going on for several days now. My computer and iPod connect fine.

Please help!

Sharon Kay

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I have this happen a LOT in android ... basically in WebOS it works just fine ... so I have to periodically restore to a previous backup and it will work for awhile ... then it will go back to that problem again ... doesn't matter if I am at home on my own wifi or another location with access to wifi.

So I have as a temporary "fix" put the "working" backup on my laptop and when the TP writes over the backup with a bad one ... I just move it from the laptop back to the TP again ... a pain but it is doable. I don't want to change settings on my router because we have SO MANY devices already hooked to it ... and it has the same problem at other locations.

Hoping Ice Cream Sandwich fixes this.

I welcome suggestions ... as a note ... I am NEW to Android ... someone at our hackerspace put it on for me (I was watching but he went through all the screens really fast) ...

CTC PK

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I found this on RootzWiki. It has worked for me when the wifi "hangs" (connects, disconnects) and is way easier than changing your router that the rest of your house is already connected to!

If you find that your wifi is "strobing" on and off, or you wish to completely wipe out all wifi settings, you can do this in one of three ways:

THE "RIGHT" WAY (USING ADB):

adb shell rm -rf /data/misc/wifi && reboot

(this will remove the settings and then force a reboot)

THE "I-DON'T HAVE ADB INSTALLED" WAY:

From the Terminal app.

# rm -rf /data/misc/wifi && reboot

(similar command as above. The # is a prompt-- don't type that part. If you see a $ prompt instead, type "su" (no quotes) and it should become a #)

I use the terminal app. If installed 3.5, it is a app that is already there for you. Follow these prompts, it will reboot then you will be able to sign back into your wifi. Good Luck!:)

Gratificulous

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I had several issues with wifi but after installing the XRON ROM they went away. It may not work for everyone but it is worth a shot.

The ROM is basically a customized version of CM7 for TouchPad that was already released. There are instructions in the above link on installation.

jaimetennille

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I found this on RootzWiki. It has worked for me when the wifi "hangs" (connects, disconnects) and is way easier than changing your router that the rest of your house is already connected to!

If you find that your wifi is "strobing" on and off, or you wish to completely wipe out all wifi settings, you can do this in one of three ways:

From the Terminal app.

(similar command as above. The # is a prompt-- don't type that part. If you see a $ prompt instead, type "su" (no quotes) and it should become a #)

I use the terminal app. If installed 3.5, it is a app that is already there for you. Follow these prompts, it will reboot then you will be able to sign back into your wifi. Good Luck!:)

This terminal app worked for me! Thanks!

cyberdalek

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
If its a problem with your home WiFi a good work around is:

*select “forget network"
*turn off WiFi then back on
*reconnect to your home network

Its a pain but mine holds WiFi as long as I stay in range and stay logged into CM.

My issue seems to be with public access points. It give me a signal long enough to accept the terms for the network, then it losses signal. Any suggestions.

lomallin

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I just recently had a really odd issue where mine would say it was connected, but not really connect.
I booted into WebOS, found the wifi was off there, turned it on & connected successfully. Then I booted back to CM9.

Not sure if this helps, but maybe toggling the WebOS wifi flips something?
This started after draining the battery completely for me.

gathome

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Here's an easier way to fix the wifi loop: Reset your router by unplugging the power source for 30 seconds. My brother, a computer tech, said this method worked for his TP and it worked for mine, too. Good luck!

scooby79

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
I lost connection for the first time in months. Haven't been able to connent on CM 9 for the last 4 days. I just tried :

*select “forget network"
*turn off WiFi then back on
*reconnect to your home network

Its a pain but mine holds WiFi as long as I stay in range and stay logged into CM.

Connection working great again!!! Thanks so much!!!!

saraujo2

May 7, 2012
Visit site

From the Terminal app.

Does anyone know if using this terminal method on a CM9 ICS / HP Touchpad dual boot system works as well?

i_murdered_barbie_x

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
this is the same with me,
I had a new tablet (hp slate) it connects fine at my dads house but when I go to my nans/mums/friends it says 'authentication problem'..the passwords I put in are correct..i really need help:(
thanks guys,
kels x

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63