1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Default Helpful tweak that saved my sanity

I'm sure a lot of you already know this, but for those of you who don't it may save you from the frustration I was having.

When typing using the on-screen keyboard, I used to always hit the status bar when trying to hit the space bar, and it meant I would have to go back and edit my posts and such, so that I had the proper spacing. It would also effect certain games I would play. ie: Plants vs. Zombies and kick me out of the game if I hit the status bar. After searching through the settings I found a simple fix.

Go to: settings, cyanogen mod, tablet tweaks, and hit dead zone. This creates a dead zone on the status bar, so you won't bring up the status menu if you hit there.

This has saved my sanity. It used to drive me crazy. There are a few other settings including moving the status bar to the top, but I like it at the bottom. I know that a lot of you probably knew this already, but maybe it will save some people the headache of dealing with it.

BTW: I am running cm7 3.5 with the xron-ified overlay.

Also, feel free to post any helpful tweaks that you have come across. I installed cm7 about a week ago and I'm still getting used to it. I've had an android phone for a while, but not modded, so it's been fun learning all about it. Should have done this a long time ago. Thanks for all the help so far and thanks in. advance for any helpful tips and tweaks.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    268 Global Posts

Default Re: Helpful tweak that saved my sanity

Thanks for that, I didn't know about the dead zone.

I've not been CM focussed lately so I'm a little short of tips but I can recommend installing the 'Fake GPS' app, this will solve compatibility problems with some apps that require a GPS (lacking in the TouchPad).

I believe Google Earth needs this, or at least it did when I installed a few CM versions back. Works well on the Touchpad too (including the Street View add-on)

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Default Re: Helpful tweak that saved my sanity

Really this Fake GPS solved my problem of downloading Google earth. And dead zone solved problem for gaming.

Thanks.