Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

Default Re: CM9 on the Touchpad? Here's your "Get Started" guide!

Alpha 2 is out and it allows HD video and Netflix! I haven't tried the Netflix update yet, but videos seem to work well.
    Last edited by qfnol31; 02-22-2012 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by qfnol31 View Post
    Alpha 2 is out and it allows HD video and Netflix! I haven't tried the Netflix update yet, but videos seem to work well.
    Netflix works, just tried it. Alpha 2 still has bugs but the work they've done is amazing.

alright with the video streaming working again this feels like a real tablet.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Big thanks from me! HD YouTube & Netflix working perfectly here now.

G

are there instructions to go to CM9 alpha2 for a virgin touchpad? Only webOS installed.

Global Posts
    1,685 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9 V.0.6

Quote Originally Posted by trusnack View Post
    are there instructions to go to CM9 alpha2 for a virgin touchpad? Only webOS installed.
    Try checking out Post #1 here.

And obviously.. apply 'Alpha 2' update-file version.

Enjoy!

Hi,

I loaded CM9 on my TP and the camera doesn't work. It's still working with WebOs. Did I do any thing not-right. Help is always appreciated. I like CM9 anyway

Thanks.
    thang

Global Posts
    1,685 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9 V.0.6

Quote Originally Posted by thang005 View Post
    Hi,

I loaded CM9 on my TP and the camera doesn't work. It's still working with WebOs. Did I do any thing not-right. Help is always appreciated. I like CM9 anyway

Thanks.
    thang
    You did everything right.. CM9 is still in Alpha don't forget, so the camera is actually one of the things that aint fixed up yet.. more important stuff first no dounbt!

Flick to webOS for pic taking?

If I load cm9 from cm7 alpha 1. Do I just do it from recovery and load the rom. Also do I switch between webos and cm9 the same by using the power button and rebooting into which ever os

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Quick question, is the GApp fix still needed with the latest GApps file (03042012)? I'm about to upgrade from CM7.

Thanks,

Rick

I am loving ICS on my touch pad!
    HTC EVO 4G > SGSIIE4GT > HTC REZOUND > GALAXY NEXUS>HTC ONE>LG G2>Moto X
    http://referrals.republicwireless.com/a/clk/2330S7

I'm not able to get Youtube vids to work on Alpha 2. I thought it was fixed there. Do I need to load the current nightly to fix it? Are there known issues with the recent nightly versions that would give me reason NOT to load them?

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Is there a list of the Google Apps that I need to download somewhere since they are no longer available through the link? I have not seen specific names anywhere but have found a few other sites. not sure what files are needed. I'm a rookie at this one...

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by starbuckk View Post
    I'm not able to get Youtube vids to work on Alpha 2. I thought it was fixed there. Do I need to load the current nightly to fix it? Are there known issues with the recent nightly versions that would give me reason NOT to load them?
    I've never used any CM9 version prior to upgrading from CM7 to the CM9 0418 nightly, and youtube works fine.

I have tried a bunch of diffrent Andriod roms on my HP but now when it boots I get ALL of them as choices.
    how do I KILL a bunch of them?

ROM
    Arctic Hd

Quote Originally Posted by thirsty1258 View Post
    If I load cm9 from cm7 alpha 1. Do I just do it from recovery and load the rom. Also do I switch between webos and cm9 the same by using the power button and rebooting into which ever os

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    It says in the op not to but I just did this with no problems but I did wipe everything including the system before I flashed it through recovery.

Sent From My ICS Tenderloin via Tapatalk II

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

OK, dumb question. I installed CM9 awhile back and have not noticed any problems but I use my TP lightly. I just stumbled back into this thread and noticed the step that says to apply 3 fixes before the first boot. I don't remember doing this. Is there a way for me to check? Or will it hurt to reboot, open cyanogen and apply them just in case?

ROM
    Arctic Hd

Quote Originally Posted by steraser View Post
    OK, dumb question. I installed CM9 awhile back and have not noticed any problems but I use my TP lightly. I just stumbled back into this thread and noticed the step that says to apply 3 fixes before the first boot. I don't remember doing this. Is there a way for me to check? Or will it hurt to reboot, open cyanogen and apply them just in case?
    Can your tp charge? Do you have working gapps? Does your calendar sync if you use it?

If yes then you have no needs for those fixes and are fixes for alpha0.

Sent From My ICS Tenderloin via Tapatalk II
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    124 Global Posts

are there any more major updates in the works, or can we only update now from the nightly builds? I installed alpha 2 and have had a great experience with it but I am hesitant to mess around with the nightlies

I am in the same boat as sicdude, little hesitant to play with the nightly builds.

But if I was to do so, can someone provide a link or instructions how to install the nightly and/or back off?
    mpace333 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sicdude View Post
    are there any more major updates in the works, or can we only update now from the nightly builds? I installed alpha 2 and have had a great experience with it but I am hesitant to mess around with the nightlies
    I'm currently running the nightly dated 4/18 after updating several times beginning with 4/4, my initial install.

Before you do anything, make a full backup with ClockworkMod so you can restore if anything goes wrong.

I updated to 4/28 and it didn't seem like Wifi was as strong, may have been my imagination, so I flashed back.

Here's the process I used for updating and going back. I didn't do step #1 all the time after I felt I knew what I was doing, but it's an important step for any beginner.

1. Make a full system backup using Clockwork Mod
    2. Do not reboot system after backup is finished.
    3. Wipe the Cache from within ClockworkMod
    4. Go to ADVANCED and wipe the Dalvik Cache
    5. Go back to the main menu of Clockwork Mod and select INSTALL ZIP FROM SD CARD
    6. Select the new nightly or (if you are going back to a previous release) the old nightly.
    7. Install it
    8. Reboot system

ROM
    Something new!

I've flashed many roms on both my Droid 1 and Galaxy Nexus. Your steps are correct, except I think that you are missing one. I would highly recommend that you do a wipe data before the wipe cache. Yes you will have to re-install apps and set the system again, but bad things can start happening if you don't. When you wipe data, it cleans the apps, app data, and system data from your system.

You can use a program like Titanium Backup to restore your app and app data, but do not under any circumstance restore system data.

Hello all. I finally decided to move to CM9 and wiped back to WebOS. Unfortunately, I cannot find most of the files needed. The links are now dead... Is there an updated posting with live links to the required files?

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Can any of you help me? I've finally decided to bite the bullet and port cyanogen mode onto my hp touchpad, can any of you help me on how to do this on my Mac? Am I better off doing CM9 or CM10? Thanks!

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts

I'm using Cyanomod on my Touchpad. I had it put on by a friend. I'm using Tenderloin 4.2.2 with a build date of 12/10/2013. I'm curious as to how I can update to newer versions and not brick my touchpad. Putting Android on my touchpad has made my knock off 7 inch tablet almost obsolete. I can deal with it bugging down or rebooting every now and then but am curious to go further if I can. What do you all think?

Posted via Android Central App
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12