Google Chrome Update

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
So I received an update for Chrome last night and after the update I got a message saying that my device wasn't supported and I needed 4.0 or higher to run Chrome.

The ROM I'm using is 4.0.3 and didn't have any issues with the beta before the update. Anyone else having problems with Chrome?

sherri

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Has been stated that Chrome wont work without the "official" ICS...it isn't recognizing any ROM's. You could try uninstalling it, download it to pc, and transfer it...

I have done this method for apps not meant for my phone...(Daughter has Samsung Stratosphere. DL Tiny Tower to pc and installed it fir her....wasn't available in her market...)

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

Reactions: VDub2174

Mutoidi

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Just uninstall the new version and then download and reinstall (with a free 'apk installer' from Android Market) the older & friendlier version of Chrome from here:

Deposit Files

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: VDub2174

Mutoidi

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Downloaded the apk of the previous version and that worked perfectly!!

Cool.. I don't know whether the Chrome 'update' actiually contained any useful FUNctional improvements (other than checking in on your 'device').. you can always do the 'ro.build.id' tweak later, if so!

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Cool.. I don't know whether the Chrome 'update' actiually contained any useful FUNctional improvements (other than checking in on your 'device').. you can always do the 'ro.build.id' tweak later, if so!

I figured that if I never saw what was "new" then I won't miss it :p

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
To be honest, going into the build.prop makes me nervous. Not too long ago my MoPho had a near death experience from a ROM flashing incident. Neither me or my MoPho have moved on from that yet....LOL

Mutoidi

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie