1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default stolen TP in Jamaica - need help

First day on vacation and our laptop and touchpad was stolen. Was wondering if I can remote install security on it to find it, lock it, use the camera or wipe it. Don't remember exactly which build is on it but it's an April ics nightly.

And yes, I'm an ***** for not having that stuff on before vacation but I'm trusting. Never again.

Have an appointment with head of security in the morning but I doubt anything will get resolved.

Please list options. If any. Thank you.

Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogenmod 9 RC

Default Re: stolen TP in Jamaica - need help

From what I understand there isn't much you can do now. Although I'm sure I remember reading of a case where the same thing happened to some one and the thief booted in to webos and somehow they managed to be tracked down -don't know if that was true or not though.

If you have a note of the serial number, maybe on the box at home I think you can call HP they can help a little bit. Sorry I can't be more helpful, hope you get it back or get compensated for it.

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Default Re: stolen TP in Jamaica - need help

I stayed in Jamaica from 4/20-4/23. We stayed at Sandals MoBay. The very first thing I did was put the TP into our room safe. Aside from the once a day Skype call back home, the TP never left the safe. We never had any intention of using them during our stay for reasons other then posted.

Hope you can find it.