Why the hate on HTC? Should I pull the trigger for HTC 10?

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I've been with the Nexus brand since the beginning but really thinking about getting this HTC 10 phone because the specs and battery seem outstanding. I'm very scared at times to leave Nexus for a different platform so to speak though because it's pure Google and you can't ever go wrong with no bloatware and constant updates.

Few questions I have I guess. How are Android updates for HTC?

How is the sense experience? Been reading about the new Sense coming out with this phone.

Every site I go to I see nothing but hate for HTC and how they screw up every phone they make, is this true and should I just stay away from them on my current upgrade this year ?

I'm just so conflicted because I've never owned an HTC phone so I was hoping to get some kind of help and feedback from those who actually own them. Thank you everyone.

Malek J

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I've been with the Nexus brand since the beginning but really thinking about getting this HTC 10 phone because the specs and battery seem outstanding. I'm very scared at times to leave Nexus for a different platform so to speak though because it's pure Google and you can't ever go wrong with no bloatware and constant updates.

Few questions I have I guess. How are Android updates for HTC?

How is the sense experience? Been reading about the new Sense coming out with this phone.

Every site I go to I see nothing but hate for HTC and how they screw up every phone they make, is this true and should I just stay away from them on my current upgrade this year ?

I'm just so conflicted because I've never owned an HTC phone so I was hoping to get some kind of help and feedback from those who actually own them. Thank you everyone.

HTC is really good with updates and their development community is fairly large. The build quality has been excellent in most of their phones. Their only downfall is their cameras. If the Nexus 6p can get their camera right I have no doubt that htc will do too.

The advantages of the HTC 10 over the Nexus 6p or any nexus will be the build quality and the smaller form factor. Sense UI is one of the best I've used. It's very clean and minimal.

I've owned the m7 and the m8 and loved both. The m9 was a disappointment.

Posted via the Android Central App

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
HTC is really good with updates and their development community is fairly large. The build quality has been excellent in most of their phones. Their only downfall is their cameras. If the Nexus 6p can get their camera right I have no doubt that htc will do too.

The advantages of the HTC 10 over the Nexus 6p or any nexus will be the build quality and the smaller form factor. Sense UI is one of the best I've used. It's very clean and minimal.

I've owned the m7 and the m8 and loved both. The m9 was a disappointment.

Posted via the Android Central App

Awesome, thank you for the reply. I just watched the announcement video and wow am I blown away. I might have to just pull the trigger and get this instead of waiting for a new Nexus this year. Just hoping it gets Android N though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz