HTC 10 , no MHL i think, BUT Displayport???

renejr902

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
The HTC 10 , seem to dont have MHL i think.. BUT in tech spec it say " Displayport" im confuse, how can it possible , a phone with displayport, by that does it means Slimport ?? Thanks for help. This cell phone interest me a lot but i need wired video connection like mhl or slimport( i didnt like the lg g5 lcd screen , too dark, not pop)

renejr902

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
I really need a video out option for no lag and input lag, my xperia z5 has mhl and my lg g4 has slimport. I suppose chromecast is wireless connection ? If yes it will have input lag

renejr902

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
Ok htc tech departement confirmed me no mhl or slimport in htc 10, they are sure. Only wireless video technology, BUT thanks for previous help ;)

1stGGMan

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
Just got this:

HTC UK
@HTC_UK Apr 12

@1stggman Correct. HTC 10 supports DisplayPort. Are you looking for a USB Type-C to DisplayPort adaptor? ^RH

I'll keep you posted!

1stGGMan

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
Looking at Google USB-C HDMI cable, no but unsure about slimport USB-C HDMI cable? Was also hoping phone screen would switch off when cable plugged in.

okpud

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Does it support full 4k UHD (3840x2160) over DisplayPort? I'm interested it using it to display 4K video directly out to a UHD TV. YouTube compresses 4K (2160p) to death until it looks little better than 1080p, so I'd like a method to display content recorded from my phone.

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
So we have confirmed something is available for us to plug into the 10 to stream on our TV's via cord? Is that what I am seeing here?

okpud

May 28, 2011
Visit site
SlimPort uses defined micro-USB pins for DisplyPort signals. MHL 1 and 2 are a competitors to DisplayPort and are not connector specific, but micro-USB was the most popular. Because it does not have a defined pin out profile, not all micro-USB MHL adapters work for all MHL capable smartphones. DisplayPort over USB-C uses a defined pinout profile as part of the DisplayPort USB-C Alternate Mode profile. Thunderbolt 3, another Alternate Mode profile of USB-C, also includes DisplayPort. BTW, there is also a MHL 3.0 Alternate Mode for USB-C, but I don't know of anyone who is using it.

Basically, think of DisplayPort over USB-C to be the direct follow on to SlimPort over micro-USB. Both were developed by VESA.

Last edited:

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
So we have confirmed something is available for us to plug into the 10 to stream on our TV's via cord? Is that what I am seeing here?

Bump for this^. I have no idea regarding this type of device so someone please tell me in the most basic of terms; can I plug this between my phone and TV and see phone stuff on the TV? :p

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Bump for this^. I have no idea regarding this type of device so someone please tell me in the most basic of terms; can I plug this between my phone and TV and see phone stuff on the TV? :p

It sure seems that way :)

Very cool of them to not abandon a wired connection to the tv.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
It sure seems that way :)

Very cool of them to not abandon a wired connection to the tv.
Indeed! It seems that many hotels no longer have DVD players and opt for cable instead (yuck) so I'm hoping to be able to load up some movies on the phone and be able to play them in the hotel rooms. I've no clue if that's what I'm looking at here but I'm interested. :)

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Indeed! It seems that many hotels no longer have DVD players and opt for cable instead (yuck) so I'm hoping to be able to load up some movies on the phone and be able to play them in the hotel rooms. I've no clue if that's what I'm looking at here but I'm interested. :)

Seems simpler than a Chromecast too assuming the hotel hasn't locked down the HDMI inputs on the TVs. :(

I think that's becoming more common every day.

Edit: that's a problem either way lol

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I travel decently enough for work and most don't have HDMI locked down as I use my laptop to play movies. However often the remote provided doesn't allow input change. Guess it would be a good argument for IR blaster. :p [/end needle] LOL!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz