HTC 10 vs. Nexus 6P

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I like my Nexus 6P very much. It is almost perfect. The only complains that I have are:
  • Sometimes (very rare) there is a small lag
  • The device is not that easy to hold. Many times my wife (for example) turns off the display by accidentally hitting the power button). I sometimes hit the volume keys..
  • Pure Android is great, but I miss the HTC refinements.
  • The device has a premium feel to it, but coming from HTC and Apple, I have to say that the 6P is not on the same level (but close).

I love HTC. I love its design and its software and hardware features. I will most probably sell my Nexus 6P for the HTC 10. The only thing I am considering is the display change. The HTC 10 has a smaller display.

What are your thoughts? Would you consider moving to the HTC 10? I know that the overall experience in using both devices will be very similar, but the better design of the HTC (for me at least), makes a difference. What do you think? Do you see any value in moving to the HTC 10?

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nexus 6P owners: Are you considering getting the HTC 10?

The hardest thing to stomach is paying an extra $300 for the HTC 10 when it isn't a phablet and is only marginally better than the 6P. I do think the finer details in the software, better radios (Bluetooth especially) and DAC, and overall refinement that HTC has is a plus. I am having the same issue but it is deciding between the 6P and 10. If they were more similar in price and availability on my carrier it would have been a no brainer. Since that isn't the case HTC has made it more difficult.

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

I agree. If I sell my 6P now I will get around 380€ here in Germany. The HTC10 will cost 699€..If they were same priced, it would be a no brainer for me. I will still probably get the HTC 10, but the price difference makes me think about it more.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Pre Ordered one and will probably keep both or sell the 6P little later to get ready for this years Nexus. HTC 10 looks promising to hold on to for a few months or at least till next round of flagships next year.

y2jdmbfan

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

I have the 6P right now as my daily driver and ordered an HTC 10. I will prob keep both, but won't decide until I get the 10 and also read the reviews on the 10.

DC Wuff

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site

I am considering it, but probably won't pull the trigger any time soon. I think I'll wait on user reviews and also see how the resale market shapes up.

I absolutely love the 6P on Project Fi and have no complaints. But, having owned and really enjoyed at least a half dozen previous HTC devices (EVOLTE being the last), I do have a soft spot for HTC. Love the look of this phone and the differentiators that separate it from the 6p (smaller screen, BoomSound, native camera app, minimally-intrusive Sense, etc.). I would probably actually pop a Project Fi data-only SIM and use it on T-Mo. Would be a nice (if expensive) complement to the 6p.

Adam Zeis

Adminstrator
Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

No way. 6p is still an awesome device. Love me some pure Android.

DC Wuff

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site

That's the sad thing. I couldn't possibly agree any more strongly with the bolded part, but I'm still having to fight back a little bit of drool over the HTC 10. Clearly, I have a problem. ;-)

terellw

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site

I'm debating it hourly lol posted the 6p online to gauge interest... DAC, smaller form, native apple airplay support, and aesthetics being the main consideration.... I don't know! 😢

Posted via the Android Central App

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Yes, it is, but it is for me not as polished as an HTC device. The Nexus 6P is a great phone and I enjoy using it. The HTC 10 seems to be better though. (at least for me)

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

I have been testing out the 6P in stores on several occasions now and I have finally put my finger on what is missing. The phone has no soul. They stripped it down so much that it is almost bland. I know people like to use the word Vanilla in a good way but HTC I feel with the 10 is trying to offer a little bit of flavour but not too much that it becomes overbearing or in the way of a clean function. No other OEM has figured out how to do it other than Motorola but they don't have the design or premium build quality that HTC does. I am also not confident in the direction Lenovo is taking them.

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

I wouldn't say that it doesn't have a soul. It is really a great device. It just lacks the character of an HTC device.

DC Wuff

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site

petvas and neo are onto something. I think that's why I'm interested in having the HTC10 as an alternative/complement to the 6p.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't say that it doesn't have a soul. It is really a great device. It just lacks the character of an HTC device.

I am not saying it isn't a great device. I just don't think Google apps have enough actual features and customization to be useful and work personally for each individual. ie Messenger, Gmail for exchange users, Calender. It's just a bit disjointed for me as an overall experience. I know they do this to make it a really fast OS but there should be a middle ground somewhere. HTC is getting there. We can can soul, character, personality or whatever. But it's missing it.

Posted via the Android Central App

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site

I'm also on the fence. I love the 6P very much so. Love the Nexii a lot, started using them when the nexus 4 launched. I did skip nexus 6, but loved the others. I am very intrigued by the HTC 10 though. Only thing holding me back is the display size. I haven't used anything smaller than 5.5" display size in the past 2 years or so, so not sure how I'll feel about the smaller display. Will have to play around with it first before deciding whether to switch to it or not. I have no problems at all with the size of the 6p, I love large phones.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

Yes, it is, but it is for me not as polished as an HTC device. The Nexus 6P is a great phone and I enjoy using it. The HTC 10 seems to be better though. (at least for me)

It sounds to me (based on that and your first post) that you just like some of the characteristics of HTC phones. I do as well and while I'm not big into phones, when I compare all the flagships I find myself liking the HTC look, feel, software, snappy response, sound, and all the little things more than the others. HTC just seems to "get it". When they released the last model I was sad and thought I was done w/ HTC but then they dropped the 10 and I feel like I'm "going back home".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18