HTC 10 and AT&T

kae9797

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
That is not correct. If your phone supports VoLTE it will always use VoLTE regardless of the other person's phone. You will never drop to 4g for a call if you're in a VoLTE area with a VoLTE phone and a VoLTE sim. The only thing that requires the other person to have a at&t VoLTE phone is HD Voice. HD Voice is a higher quality audio codec used over VoLTE. HD Voice should not be confused with having or not having VoLTE.

If you have a VoLTE phone that is supported by at&t and it's dropping to 4g then something isn't setup correctly. Your account isn't provisioned correctly. Your sim might be to old or your having software issues on the device itself. Also remember, the phone has to be supported by att.

Posted via the Android Central App
Right, so my question is, is the unlocked HTC 10 one of the phones that is supported by AT&T
and does using a prepaid card make any difference on this problem?

kae9797

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
And just for fun, can you do wifi tethering on this phone with AT&T?
I'm looking to get the unlimited data plan with DTV package.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
One thing I don't think prepaid has access to the voice over LTE I think it is only postpaid as one of my friends has a prepaid AT&T SIM and a phone that is capable of voice over LTE but can't use voice over LTE. On my M9 I'm on a postpaid account and I have voice over LTE all the time as long as I'm in the area.

rickms80

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Right, so my question is, is the unlocked HTC 10 one of the phones that is supported by AT&T
and does using a prepaid card make any difference on this problem?

At&t does support the unlocked HTC 10 with VoLTE. I'm not sure VoLTE is supported with any prepaid accounts including their own go accounts. My guess is no.

murphcid

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I have voicemail set up automatically, but I am wondering if d/ling Visual voicemail might not be a good idea? I do miss it a bit, but I really don't want to add crapware to my phone unless I am forced to do so. So far other than my bluetooth issue, I am really liking this phone. I get three days of use on the battery (I don't use it a lot), and the size is right.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
AT&T Visual Voicemail app is not that bad. It only kicks in when you have a voice mail. Never showed up in any usage maps. Very un-intrusive.

skeemohs

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Ok, NOT having a good experience with HTC 10 on AT&T. Have it synced to an LG Urbane 2'nd Edition with number sync, and for all of last week Number Sync has not worked. Initially after the order and my number was ported it took 3 days for Number Sync to work. However after the 4th day it was working. Then something changed on AT&T's side, and number sync has not worked since last week. I log into my account page and get an error message which says 'Either you phone is not enabled for HD calling or the owner of your account has blocked Number Sync. Please contact the owner to get Number Sync enabled'. I called AT&T 2 days ago and the Customer Svc Rep, said they ware aware of this issue and it should be fixed within 24-48 hours. Nothing has changed. Simply frustrated that AT&T would advertise Number Sync and can't get it to work on one of it's advertised devices. Anyone else having issues with Number Sync?

Cjacksonlasd

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I have the OnePlus 3 and just got the LG Urbane 2 for number sync. I got the same error code. I called ATT and they say my phone does not support HD Voice which is apparently needed for number sync. However T Mobile OnePlus users have HD Voice. How do we fix this. Also my watch does not ring when my Bluetooth connected phone received a phone call.

rickms80

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I have the OnePlus 3 and just got the LG Urbane 2 for number sync. I got the same error code. I called ATT and they say my phone does not support HD Voice which is apparently needed for number sync. However T Mobile OnePlus users have HD Voice. How do we fix this. Also my watch does not ring when my Bluetooth connected phone received a phone call.

Unfortunately, this will never be fixed for at&t. OnePlus did not have the OnePlus 3 certified/tested with at&t. Unlocked phones that are not tested with at&t will not have access to their Advanced LTE Services. This is a process that at&t has in place on their network. It's up to the devices manufactures to have their devices certified/test with at&t.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12