The review is live!!! HTC 10 review: Iconic, impressive, imperfect | Android Central

Shots I've taken from the HTC 10, on Google Photos.

And one more from Alex:

HTC 10 initial photo and video samples | Android Central

And the review video!

04-19-2016 11:00 AM
    Boom.
    04-19-2016 11:53 AM
    This is almost verbatim what I've been saying the last week or so. Excellent review.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Ry likes this.
    04-19-2016 12:00 PM
    Every flower pic I see from the HTC 10 just makes me cringe.
    04-19-2016 01:30 PM
    Thx for packing so much info in the review!! Very well put together.

Loved the night photos. The other makers always fall a little flat there for me, which is a big reason why I tend to lean toward HTC.

Every flower pic I see from the HTC 10 just makes me cringe.
    Beats the S7 and 6s pretty easily (to my eye) in the side-by-side flower pic I've seen.
    Picture comparison thread.

This is almost verbatim what I've been saying the last week or so.
    Not based on the comment I responded to...
    04-19-2016 01:46 PM
    Thx for packing so much info in the review!! Very well put together.

Loved the night photos. The other makers always fall a little flat there for me, which is a big reason why I tend to lean toward HTC.

Beats the S7 and 6s pretty easily (to my eye) in the side-by-side flower pic I've seen.

Not based on the comment I responded to...
    "And this leads into what in my view is the HTC 10's Achilles' heel: The areas where HTC actually truly beats Samsung are so very few and far between. The speaker's a bit better. It can drive headphones with more power. You'll get more accurate looking night shots, sometimes. The software is somewhat closer to stock Android, if that's your thing. Even build quality is mostly a question of personal taste — do you prefer glass or metal? By contrast, Samsung can point to its its superlative displays, wireless charging, water resistance, VR integration and, in the case of the GS7 edge, market-leading battery life."

"The biggest issue here is that the HTC 10 doesn't exist in a vacuum. HTC will be selling the 10 for flagship smartphone money in a world where the Samsung Galaxy S7 exists. It'll be dropping a great phone into a veritable ocean of great phones."

Okay, you're right. I never mentioned the VR stuff when listing all the value adds the S7 has that the 10 does not.

04-19-2016 01:58 PM
    "And this leads into what in my view is the HTC 10's Achilles' heel: The areas where HTC actually truly beats Samsung are so very few and far between. The speaker's a bit better. It can drive headphones with more power. You'll get more accurate looking night shots, sometimes. The software is somewhat closer to stock Android, if that's your thing. Even build quality is mostly a question of personal taste — do you prefer glass or metal? By contrast, Samsung can point to its its superlative displays, wireless charging, water resistance, VR integration and, in the case of the GS7 edge, market-leading battery life."

"The biggest issue here is that the HTC 10 doesn't exist in a vacuum. HTC will be selling the 10 for flagship smartphone money in a world where the Samsung Galaxy S7 exists. It'll be dropping a great phone into a veritable ocean of great phones."

Okay, you're right. I never mentioned the VR stuff when listing all the value adds the S7 has that the 10 does not.

No. Still wildly different from what I read the other day;
    "Why would the majority buy something that is inferior to these devices in the core things that make a good phone (display, camera, battery, etc)?
    "The 10 just isn't as good as it's competitors."
    The AC review does not convey the same sentiment you were pushing (and I do mean pushing). Not even close. Phil says the 10's camera does some things great that others don't. He essentially says the phone is a top competitor whereas you were trying to put it a step below. I'm not going to argue further with you about it as it takes away from this thread and this great review.

Edited to include quotes to put this dispute to bed.
    04-19-2016 02:04 PM
    No. Still wildly different from what I read the other day, a series of posts saying that Samsung beats it in nearly every way,the 10 is pointless and inferior, etc, etc. The review above does not convey the same sentiment you were pushing (and I do mean pushing). I'm not going to argue further with you about it as it takes away from this thread and this great review.
    Well go back and read what I wrote. It's not pointless whatsoever. I highlighted the same differences that were discussed in this review. The 10 is a really good phone that does a lot really well and while it's position next to the S7 may make it difficult to sell well, it doesn't make it any less of a phone in the scheme of things. A lot of you are going to buy it and a lot of you are going to be really happy you did.

Edit: Find the differences in the quotes I posted from the review and what you quoted me saying. Outside of me being much more blunt about it, it's essentially the same thing.

04-19-2016 02:09 PM

I think its how soft the image looks that I do not like, as I prefer more clarity in a photo. The sharpness from the S7, the picture on the right, is definitely my favorite.
    04-19-2016 02:14 PM
    The flower pic that is in Phil's album is pretty weird in my opinion as well.
    04-20-2016 10:54 AM
    The reds seem to go a bit magenta in the flower pics and the yellow/overexposed areas seem falsely colored. But otherwise the rest of the photos look pretty good. Some nice features. I think I prefer the camera from the S7 a bit more.
    04-20-2016 06:45 PM
    I just love the HTC Sense on this phone, simple yet useful.
    B0WIE likes this.
    04-21-2016 02:49 AM
    Looks like a great phone! I think i'll have to check it out. HTC phones are great!
    10-17-2016 09:14 AM
    Looks like a great phone! I think i'll have to check it out. HTC phones are great! I feel like they don't get enough attention because they're not a galaxy or iphone.
    10-17-2016 09:16 AM