Where do YOU buy real OEM HTC accessories from?

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to find where to buy real accessories without pay silly prices. For years I bought cheapie cables from ebay and amazon and they usually last me about 1 to 2 months before starting to cut-out. A good OEM cable will last me 6 months and I've only had one OEM charger ever die.
It seems that the vast majority of cables on ebay and Amazon that claim to be OEM are just falsely branded knock-offs. Am I best off just going into the retail store and paying $20 for a 3' HTC USB cable, or are there any online retailers that have decent prices?

anon(604250)

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm quite pleased with Anker's products. Their chargers and cables have been reliable and perform as I require for a very reasonable price. But I understand your preference for OEM gear. I haven't been able to kill the chargers and cables that came with my devices.

Scoop003

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to find where to buy real accessories without pay silly prices. For years I bought cheapie cables from ebay and amazon and they usually last me about 1 to 2 months before starting to cut-out. A good OEM cable will last me 6 months and I've only had one OEM charger ever die.
It seems that the vast majority of cables on ebay and Amazon that claim to be OEM are just falsely branded knock-offs. Am I best off just going into the retail store and paying $20 for a 3' HTC USB cable, or are there any online retailers that have decent prices?

I've had the same problems with the cheap cables. I finally caved and bought a cable from T-Mobile for $15, and I've been really happy with it. My problem, was the cheap cables wouldn't charge my nexus 6 at all. The phone didn't even seem to recognize them. I also had some luck with a $4 cable off of Amazon. Here's the link for the Amazon cable I bought: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00Q...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5151381
Hope that helps.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm quite pleased with Anker's products. Their chargers and cables have been reliable and perform as I require for a very reasonable price. But I understand your preference for OEM gear. I haven't been able to kill the chargers and cables that came with my devices.
For me, it doesn't even have to be oem but just something rugged. I've bought many "HTC" and Moto cables from eBay and Amazon that claimed to be real but they all died quick and didn't look the same as the long-lived ones that came with the devices. I'd gladly pay more if there was one with a 1year guarantee or something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa