Why aren't my HTC 10 lockscreen notifications showing?

A

AC Question

HTC 10 lockscreen notifications not showing

bought it yesterday and ive noticed that the lockscreen isnt showing notifications, text messages, or emails that come in? I have checked the option when decid is locked "show all notification content".. what is happening here , have they changed something as i havent had HTC for atleast a year

thanks in advance..

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Good question however I am still awaiting delivery of mine from HTC but lets hope someone can respond as a few people are posting that they have them in hand now from UPS

SkypilotOfHope

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: HTC 10 lockscreen notifications not showing

bought it yesterday and ive noticed that the lockscreen isnt showing notifications, text messages, or emails that come in? I have checked the option when decid is locked "show all notification content".. what is happening here , have they changed something as i havent had HTC for atleast a year

thanks in advance..

They definitely show on the M9 lockscreen; probably a settings feature somewhere. I am still waiting for my 10 to ship.

Posted from my HTC One M9

gary613

May 6, 2016
Visit site
I remember all my HTC phones before had them too. There is an option but it seem doesn't do anything ,even after turning it on and off as well as the phone itself. HTC support online told me google chose to do that to save battery power but that makes no sense to me because why they would leave the option on the phone if thats the reason. so hopefully someone who has the phone can chime in with their experience!

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site

Mine is showing them. I think I had to change something in settings.

Posted via the Android Central App

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Probably you have the below setting incorrect and set to don't show notifications instead of show all notifications?

0966f95393688a0e8d77f1920a6c572b.jpg

gary613

May 6, 2016
Visit site

id love to be able to say yeah thats the problem but unfortunately its not.. ive checked and unchecked that box and shut my phone off multiple times and same result.. im going to talk to htc again about it as the first guy seems like he has no clue what hes talking about, to be honest

Ara Wagoner

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site

Have you factory reset it yet? I know it's new, but it may have glitches during setup. Mine is fine.

Posted via the Android Central App

gary613

May 6, 2016
Visit site
Thats my only option left at this point but maybe the best option truthfully! i just really dont wanna have to reset everything back up as it took a while in the first place but if it gets my notifications showing without having to touch the home button or the power button , then its well worth it to me in the end. As im sure thats what HTC will tell me to do anyway..

gary613

May 6, 2016
Visit site

factory reset made no difference .. ill be exchanging it tomorrow to see if another one does the same thing or maybe they can figure something out at my service provider who i bought it from.. thanks for trying to help though!

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

factory reset made no difference .. ill be exchanging it tomorrow to see if another one does the same thing or maybe they can figure something out at my service provider who i bought it from.. thanks for trying to help though!

Sorry to hear that. Thanks for following-up, I'm sure the info will be helpful to someone. Hope your new one turns out great!

J R Mtz

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Thats my only option left at this point but maybe the best option truthfully! i just really dont wanna have to reset everything back up as it took a while in the first place but if it gets my notifications showing without having to touch the home button or the power button , then its well worth it to me in the end. As im sure thats what HTC will tell me to do anyway..

Not really sure i understand here. Where exactly are you trying to show the notifications? You say you want to see them without touching the power or home button. Do you mean you want notifications always-on like the LG G5, cuz i don't think this phone has this.

You press the power button or the home button, and you get to the lock screen, which shows what notifications you have, if you've enabled that as shown above.

gary613

May 6, 2016
Visit site
i was under the assumption that it would show on the lock screen without having to touch the phone like my previous androids .. (i havent had an HTC device since the M7 so possibly they changed it but this was a very conveniant feature in my opinion.)

maybe this will be more clear:
When a notification like an email,text,ect comes in, the phone would automatically wake up the screen and show a preview of the notification for about 5-10 seconds before dimming out again .. IE: on the galaxy if my friend receives a text/email and her phone is on the side of the couch.. She can just glance over at the phones screen and quickly see if its important or not without having to get up or wake up the screen.

Hopefully this makes more sense, im exactly not the best at explaining things!. Lol..

Last edited:

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Lol then no that feature is not available on the HTC 10. It's called quick glance, always on or few other names in different phones. That's not available with HTC 10, you need to press the power button or double tap to wake up screen to see lock screen notification content.

Your phone is fine and behaving exactly the way it was meant to be. You may not like it but it's what it is.

gary613

May 6, 2016
Visit site

Ooh ok.. Great to know , thank you for confirming this! they probably did that to save battery perhaps?.. the rest of the phone makes up for it so i can live with that :)

J R Mtz

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site

Lol yeah, good thing I didn't.

It may be app dependent. I'm using Textra for my text messages, and in notification options, there's an option called "Wake up Screen" that I think does this.

Also, found this app in an old M7 thread which seems to enable what you want on an app by app basis:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one-m7/274874-how-do-i-wake-screen-notifications.html

Maybe look into this one as well and see if it does what you want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez