Bright spot on screen

sitlet

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Picked up my 10 from the Verizon store this morning. Spent a good hour or so playing around and getting all my apps on it, then I noticed a bright spot on the screen. Tried to get a good pic of it with my old m8, but the macro wasn't cooperating too well. In the pics it's just above and about 1mm to the right of the recent apps button. Now that I've seen it, it's very noticeable. I think I'm gonna take it back to Verizon tomorrow, no way I can live with it now.

Attachments

• 1462474740912.jpg
    1462474740912.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 1462474754532.jpg
    1462474754532.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 1462474768509.jpg
    1462474768509.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 53

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I would take that back if I were you that spot would get on my nerves, mine is out for delivery so I will report back if I see the same type of issue. the good thing no reports of this ahead of anything like with the LG G5 so this could be a one off case vs lots of folks seeing this type of issue.

sitlet

May 16, 2010
Visit site
It's much more noticeable in person than these pics show. Absolutely loving the phone other than this though. Except now I've spent about 2 hours setting my phone up and now I'll have to do it all over again

Stykthyn

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
I can't see the pictures. Hopefully your new one is better. Mine will be here tomorrow. Hope it doesn't have a bad spot....

henrykrinkle

May 9, 2015
Visit site
I know this is an old thread but was wondering if anyone else had this issue and, if so, what was the outcome. I posted the following on another HTC board in reply to someone with the same problem:

I've babied the phone but this white dot appeared a month or so ago (center of phone, about half-inch from bottom) and is driving me nuts. I did a live-chat with HTC but could see that I was getting nowhere and just disconnected. The rep kept saying that I probably dropped it - with zero basis for the assumption. She said these phones are fragile and even a slight bump can cause problems. Way to instill confidence in your product! I've been an HTC loyalist for years but I think this is the end. I'll see if Verizon will replace and - if not - just live with it for a few months until my next upgrade. I don't feel like wasting more time with HTC's crap customer service.

sitlet

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I was able to get a brand new one from Verizon. Being now that you've had the phone for a while, they will only give you a replacement. I actually took mine in the other day as my power button was sunken in. They said they usually don't replace because of that, as it's usually due to physical damage. But my phone didn't have a scratch on it, so they replaced it. I would say it's probably up to the rep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze