Picture Quality with Snapchat

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Are you talking about viewing other people's snaps? I think it's like with any recent TV, computer screen, or phone... the more high quality the screen, the worse lower resolution stuff will look.

Grimace421

May 10, 2016
Visit site
Agreed, the front facing camera in SnapChat is blurry but it's only the front facing camera and it's only in SnapChat. The camera works fine outside of SnapChat.

morphixxp

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. My rear camera is perfect, but my front facing camera will not focus. It's constantly blurry. Hopefully there will be a fix soon

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
You guys need to contact Snapchat. It's a problem with front camera's that can refocus and other phones have this problem also. There app only works on fixed focus front camera's.

Posted via the Android Central App

gg_man

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi there,
I found a workaround.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20141110123207AAzr3QG
"I figured out a way when you open the snapchat app keep it open and lock your screen when you unlock it the camera will be focused."

For me, it works. It seems that the front facing camera would refocus at the first time you turn to the selfie view in Snapchat. You need to face the camera in a suitable distance to let it focus on your face at that moment.

I think Snapchat should fix it for those selfie-focused smart phones.

lmslone

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Are you talking about viewing other people's snaps? I think it's like with any recent TV, computer screen, or phone... the more high quality the screen, the worse lower resolution stuff will look.

No, I'm referring to the front facing camera. It won't focus and pics look blurry and pixelated.

Restrictive

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed it a bit, not as bad as I thought it'd be after hearing about it on twitter last week.

Doesnt bother me too much atm.

Good luck contacting Snapchat lol, they dont care about android like they do IOS.
If IOS gets auto focus on the front camera, it'll be fixed:D

But it might be a HTC issue?

Soggly

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I have the same exact problem on this and my s7, it's definitely the app itself no idea why

Posted via the Android Central App

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,
I found a workaround.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20141110123207AAzr3QG
"I figured out a way when you open the snapchat app keep it open and lock your screen when you unlock it the camera will be focused."

For me, it works. It seems that the front facing camera would refocus at the first time you turn to the selfie view in Snapchat. You need to face the camera in a suitable distance to let it focus on your face at that moment.

I think Snapchat should fix it for those selfie-focused smart phones.
Negative.

Rakeb

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Well I bought the brand new Sony Xperia XA Ultra and the camera quality is simply fantastic. But when I use applications like google hangouts, QR code readers etc. the camera does not auto-focus. Im talking about the rear camera. Once its blur, it stays blur.... and tapping the screen does not make it auto-focus so I cant scan codes sometimes or un-blur the live video when on hangouts with someone. When I open the camera individually its a bliss. How do I make these apps support full camera potential is what I want to find out.

Alex Brhino

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
Well I bought the brand new Sony Xperia XA Ultra and the camera quality is simply fantastic. But when I use applications like google hangouts, QR code readers etc. the camera does not auto-focus. Im talking about the rear camera. Once its blur, it stays blur.... and tapping the screen does not make it auto-focus so I cant scan codes sometimes or un-blur the live video when on hangouts with someone. When I open the camera individually its a bliss. How do I make these apps support full camera potential is what I want to find out.
Yes same i have a xperia z5 premium... I tap to autofocus and it focusses and makes it blurry again