Anyone Coming from an LG G4?

HaVoK_C89

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I currently have a G4 and I'd love it if someone, who also is coming from a G4, could give me a good comparison of both it and the 10? Particularly looking for a comparison of screen quality and brightness, and camera/picture quality. Thanks!

I'd do this myself but no surrounding Verizon store in my area has a demo 10 in yet. One of the stores (or moreover the employee at the store) claimed they never heard of it lol.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I currently have a G4 and I'd love it if someone, who also is coming from a G4, could give me a good comparison of both it and the 10? Particularly looking for a comparison of screen quality and brightness, and camera/picture quality. Thanks!

I'd do this myself but no surrounding Verizon store in my area has a demo 10 in yet. One of the stores (or moreover the employee at the store) claimed they never heard of it lol.
I couldn’t find anyone sharing comparisons between the G4 and M10; however, I did find http://www.androidcentral.com/spec-showdown-htc-10-vs-galaxy-s7-nexus-6p-and-lg-g5]this spec comparison[/url] of the M10 and other current flagships, which the G5 is the closest. From what I can tell the M10 is a solid device and many sites are giving it high praise. Here’s Android Central’s review of the M10 for your reading pleasure if you haven’t had a chance to read it: HTC 10 review: Iconic, impressive, imperfect | Android Central

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
@srkmagnus there is no M10 its just the HTC 10, didn't want anyone new to get confused looking for the M10 the M naming convention went out with the M9. Have a great day everyone

HaVoK_C89

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Oh yea, no doubt the 10 is solid as can be and all. I'm just trying to gauge how worthy of an upgrade it is for me currently lol.

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
not much of a upgrade outside of fingerprint sensor and build quality. camera on the g4 is pretty good, good screen and the g4 is a little lighter I think.

also bigger screen.

Finger proint sensor is the main upgrade imo, I wouldn't do it. g4 is a fine phone.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I would do it but I'm not much of a LG fan myself. They make fine devices but just not for me. I had the g4 and while it was decent something about it bothered me. I skipped the G5 also. The 10 is fantastic. It's fast and built really well. Camera for me has been steller not complaints. I traded my s7 edge for it. I would say over the G4 the 10 is a great upgrade. Build is better. Camera is about the same. Battery life is better than my G4. And of course the fingerprint sensor which is the best I have used on any device including the iPhone and nexus 6p which have some of the best.

Of your still not sure hopefully your store will get some in for you to test out. I would ultimately suggest this option since your not sure. You want to be comfortable in your purchase. Although if you bought it you could always return it. Good luck making your choice.

HaVoK_C89

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I would do it but I'm not much of a LG fan myself. They make fine devices but just not for me. I had the g4 and while it was decent something about it bothered me. I skipped the G5 also. The 10 is fantastic. It's fast and built really well. Camera for me has been steller not complaints. I traded my s7 edge for it. I would say over the G4 the 10 is a great upgrade. Build is better. Camera is about the same. Battery life is better than my G4. And of course the fingerprint sensor which is the best I have used on any device including the iPhone and nexus 6p which have some of the best.

Of your still not sure hopefully your store will get some in for you to test out. I would ultimately suggest this option since your not sure. You want to be comfortable in your purchase. Although if you bought it you could always return it. Good luck making your choice.

Thank you so much for the input. I'm just tired of some issues I've been having with the G4 and I just want something better lol. I just don't want to sacrifice camera or screen quality is all. As long as they're on par with each other at least, I'd be happy with making a jump to the 10!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463