Gallery and Music Player

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I like the HTC Gallery app and side loaded a version. It works for viewing fine but won't let me save any editing. Are there any fixes or should I be using something else. Not crazy about Google Photos. Also used to using HTC Music and loaded that to, but it crashes. Any suggestions? Better apps?

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I'd LOVE to have the old gallery back. Google photos depresses me.

For music, BlackPlayer is minimalistic but very capable. Loving it so far. Doesn't try to get me to shop for new music or any of that garbage. Just plays my songs in full quality with an interface that's easy on the eyes.

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I miss those apps too. :-( I've been trying to get used to Google Photos and have been playing around with Shuttle Music. It's pretty minimalistic too.

weepatc

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I think HTC are supposed to be adding their Gallery app, compatible for the 10, to the Playstore in the near future. Hope so, as I miss it too.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I think HTC are supposed to be adding their Gallery app, compatible for the 10, to the Playstore in the near future. Hope so, as I miss it too.

Would you mind sharing your source for that info? I'm debating finding another gallery but if what you're saying is from HTC, then I'll hold off.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Would you mind sharing your source for that info? I'm debating finding another gallery but if what you're saying is from HTC, then I'll hold off.

I can be your source for that. HTC's said they were going to do it. But (and a bunch of us have been asking) there's no ETA for when it'll be made available. I'm kinda surprised it's not already.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I can be your source for that. HTC's said they were going to do it. But (and a bunch of us have been asking) there's no ETA for when it'll be made available. I'm kinda surprised it's not already.

Fantastic! Thank you. That will resolve my main quibble with this phone.

Ara Wagoner

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I like the HTC Gallery app and side loaded a version. It works for viewing fine but won't let me save any editing. Are there any fixes or should I be using something else. Not crazy about Google Photos. Also used to using HTC Music and loaded that to, but it crashes. Any suggestions? Better apps?

Photos lets me save edits. It just doesn't always do it if I go there directly from the camera. If I go back out to the home screen and manually enter Photos, it lets me edit and save my edits. Annoying but that's my workaround. ((I still think Motorola has the best gallery app))

As for music apps, if you want something for local files Phonograph is really good.

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
What are the things that HTC does with their photo app that are improvements over the stock Google app?

Most Gallery apps open to a graphic menu with Camera, Screenshot, Download, etc locations. Google Photos opens to a date-organized list of pics, then you have to go to the side menu and tap Device Folders to see things organised that way. In addition, my last two gallery apps (Motorola and HTC) had more robust photo editing capabilities than Photos. I'm used to having a stock gallery app for on-phone organization of different types of pics and photo editing; combined with Google Photos which I use only for access to my cloud archive, with albums that go all the way back to 2008 (back in the Picasa days!)

Posted via the 10

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I run Poweramp for my music, always have on all my phones. The quality of it is amazing with the new alpha.

I never liked HTCs default music app due to lack of sorting options and it just wasnt that great as a whole. Always hoped they would release something better at some point, but nothing yet.

Eclectech

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I think it's hilarious HTC has removed so much, we're trying to find ways to add stuff back. I had the exact opposite issue with my Galaxy S6 :p

triplej

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I am unhappy that I can't simply trim a video inside of Photos. Record my kid playing in a soccer game and I want a specific 22 seconds of that video, all I have is Zoe for edit options. That app is not intuitive at all for doing something like what I described. Anyone have any suggestions for trimming a video on a 10?

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I am unhappy that I can't simply trim a video inside of Photos. Record my kid playing in a soccer game and I want a specific 22 seconds of that video, all I have is Zoe for edit options. That app is not intuitive at all for doing something like what I described. Anyone have any suggestions for trimming a video on a 10?

This may be a ridiculously-limited answer but the Verizon Messages+ app will allow video clipping...

Posted via the 10