Power Saving Mode Missing?

Existence_Inc

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I have the HTC 10 Verizon Wireless variant and it appears that the Power Saving Mode is missing from the Power Menu. (I do have the Extreme Power Saving Mode.) I didn't notice until I had a chance to play with a friend's unlocked version. Any ideas?

Screenshot_20160513-124022_zpswtgrmvda.png

Screenshot attached for reference.

~Ex

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand why Verizon would want to reduce the phone's functionality and capability by removing an important feature. If possible, I'd return the phone and get an unlocked one from HTC and get carrier service from T-Mobile or AT&T. That way you would get the Power Saving feature back.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
There is only one reason: reduce support cost. When you have extra items, ppl will call:
1. To ask what those options meant
2. When they enabled those options that they don't understand, they will call to ask things like why I email doesn't get pushed, why my facebook notification didn't come in time etc.

Same reason why PCs from large OEMs like Dell and HP usually don't give you access to BIOS on boot up (or in older PCs, with very limited BIOS option if you do get into the BIOS).

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand why Verizon would want to reduce the phone's functionality and capability by removing an important feature. If possible, I'd return the phone and get an unlocked one from HTC and get carrier service from T-Mobile or AT&T. That way you would get the Power Saving feature back.
That is a whole lot of trouble for one single feature. I mean returning the phone and buying another is easy enough, but switching carriers also? No thanks.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
That is a whole lot of trouble for one single feature. I mean returning the phone and buying another is easy enough, but switching carriers also? No thanks.

Agree. It's unfortunate that short of root/custom ROM - if even possible on a Verizon variant - that getting an unlocked model for a different carrier is the "workaround" to regain a useful feature.

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
There is only one reason: reduce support cost. When you have extra items, ppl will call:
1. To ask what those options meant
2. When they enabled those options that they don't understand, they will call to ask things like why I email doesn't get pushed, why my facebook notification didn't come in time etc.

Same reason why PCs from large OEMs like Dell and HP usually don't give you access to BIOS on boot up (or in older PCs, with very limited BIOS option if you do get into the BIOS).
With respect, I hear what you're saying but in this instance "Power Saver" is literally quite clear explanation of what the function provides. Confused by why Verizon would think that would increase support costs? I can't imagine someone calling Verizon to ask what power saver means lol...

BigCTM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
With respect, I hear what you're saying but in this instance "Power Saver" is literally quite clear explanation of what the function provides. Confused by why Verizon would think that would increase support costs? I can't imagine someone calling Verizon to ask what power saver means lol...

You would be amazed at what people call about, ranging from how to turn on a device to how to access the app store.

Posted via the Android Central App

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

You over estimated what other ppl would think. And a lot of power saver effects are achieved by limit you phone from doing certain things. Most ppl won't think twice when enable the option. Then they find out they can't do certain thing, they will call Verizon to complain about. Also, how much power will be actually saved engaging the option is totally dependent on the usage pattern of a particular individual. For example, limiting CPU and GPU clocks won't do a thing if a person only use the phone to reading messages, never play games or use other CPU intensive apps. Then they will call Verizon complaint about Power Saving mode doesn't work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca