Real life outdoor visibility

brenz566

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
For those of you who own the HTC, how easy is it to see in sunlight? I'm outside often, and that's one thing I can't check while looking at it in a store .

SkypilotOfHope

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
The auto setting doesn't always cut it for me in direct sunlight; have had to crank brightness up a bit a few times or turn away from the sun to better see the screen.

Posted via the Android Central App

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah have to agree with others, outdoor visibility is passable not the best. It's not a deal breaker though.

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Even though it's AMOLED, I've always struggled a bit with my Droid Turbo's screen in direct sunlight. With the brightness at equal levels, the 10 is significantly easier to see than my Turbo was in sunlight.

Posted via the 10

DaveInFL

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I live in FL and I don't have issues seeing the screen outside. It's not as good as the S7 but it is fine. I too have mine set to sRGB and auto.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I live in "the valley of the sun", Phoenix, AZ and this has the best daytime performance of any phone I've personally owned (and I've only owned flagships). When people say there's others that will be brighter, I believe them. But, I can still use this one when I'm in the yard and the fact that others may have brighter daylight performance isn't any drawback for me, especially when considering other differences that do matter to me.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
From many users reports the 10 screens needs some time to settle down before reaching max potential, it's recommended to let it on manual 100% brightness for at least a week, count it like a running

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
HTC 10 maximum nits is about 372
HTC M 9 maximum nits is about 508
LG G5 maximum nits is about 816
LG G3 maximum nits is about 455
Samsung S6 nits is about 563
Samsung S7 maximum nits is about 855
Samsung Note 5 maximum nits is about 860

brenz566

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
That's why you can't always believe the numbers. I have actually used a G5 in the sunlight and is was barely usable. With and without the auto brightness.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
If you have polarized sunglasses it's nearly impossible in portrait

I have to disagree. It's far from impossible. Just crank the brightness to 100% and it's visible. Not wonderful but visible. That being said I don't know what possessed them to polarize the screen this way.

Bpschoon81

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I have to disagree. It's far from impossible. Just crank the brightness to 100% and it's visible. Not wonderful but visible. That being said I don't know what possessed them to polarize the screen this way.

In the shade maybe, but in direct sun it's just not usable in portrait with polarized lenses. Why didn't they polarize it to 45°?

eak1570

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
From many users reports the 10 screens needs some time to settle down before reaching max potential, it's recommended to let it on manual 100% brightness for at least a week, count it like a running

True. My 10 display is getting better over time. Now I don't see any pink hue and view angle getting much better.