HTC 10 Camera focus

Tohena

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys,

Hopefully, someone will be able to reply to my question.

While I had the HTC ONE M8, when I was using the camera and tapped the screen to change the focus, the brightness was changing automatically.

Now I have the new HTC 10 and whenever I use the camera and tap the screen to change the focus, the brightness remains the same. I know that there is a light bulb with + and - near the focus to be able to change the brightness, but is this the only way it is working?

When I am in video mode, whenever I tap to screen to change the focus the brightness changes automatically.

Thanks for your help :)

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Are you in auto mode? Mine is changing the brightness automatically if I tap it multiple times. I'm just using it straight out of the box. Have HDR and Flash set to auto.

joewoo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
The plus and minus is exposure compensation

When you tap the screen, it's metering and focusing in the area you tap...

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
That plus and minus scale next to the focal point is your exposure. Flick up once or twice to make it brighter, down for darker.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
That's just the way the camera setup is now. Tapping to focus doesn't automatically meter the exposure anymore so you'll have to manually adjust it if you need to tweak the exposure. I prefer it like that, actually, but I've only had my 10 for about 12 hours so it takes some getting used to.

Posted via the Android Central App

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
That's just the way the camera setup is now. Tapping to focus doesn't automatically meter the exposure anymore so you'll have to manually adjust it if you need to tweak the exposure. I prefer it like that, actually, but I've only had my 10 for about 12 hours so it takes some getting used to.

Posted via the Android Central App

Yea, from a photography perspective, it's much better. It is making some auto adjustments initially but auto exposure is always a roll of the dice (look at all the dingy S7 pics out there) so having a live, easy exposure fine tune adjustment is welcome, IMO.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira