Bluetooth Keeps Disconnecting

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
With Bluetooth they all sound pretty much the same in the car.

The HTC 10 sounds better with wired headphones and it's a lot louder, but doesn't really bother me.

I wanted to keep the HTC 10 and it's much less aggravating to use in daily navigation (especially interface lag, which my S7 Edge does plenty of). But there's 2 huge issues right now. The camera doesn't seem to get the pic quite as easily or "right" as the S7 Edge in terms of focus and shot to shot. I can see the S7 Edge's display outside in bright sun and with sunglasses. And Bluetooth works in my car with no fuss. The HTC 10 simply would loop Bluetooth to try to get music to play for 5-10 mins daily.

I will accept that the S7 Edge's AMOLED will probably be trash by year 1 but I am going to get rid of it by then.

I'm honestly waiting for an iPhone with strong front (wide angle) and rear cameras because Android still can't everything right in one device. And Apple is falling behind on hardware usability.

Yeah, I'm about to jump on the iPhone myself. As I said, my Nexus 6P sounds horrible through any audio source. It's very incomplete and just doesn't sound right. My buddies iphone sounds great through my car stereo. It's frustrating to be honest.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I'm about to jump on the iPhone myself. As I said, my Nexus 6P sounds horrible through any audio source. It's very incomplete and just doesn't sound right. My buddies iphone sounds great through my car stereo. It's frustrating to be honest.

Don't jump to an iPhone just for that!

But seriously, I've heard bad things about the Bluetooth in the Nexus 6P. I had one for a bit and didn't notice much, but I've seen quite a few threads on it. My wife has an S6 edge Plus and she doesn't have any Bluetooth issues at all. I have an iPhone that I'm ditching because I just can't get used to the locked down OS and while Bluetooth is pretty solid, I've still had some issues here and there. It isn't perfect. A few times it wouldn't connect to my car without restarting the car.

tsbrewers

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I use Bluetooth a ton (literally 8-10 hours a day most days) and have had zero issues so far. That is with a blue parrot headset and a lg stereo headset for the majority. But I do have a list of about 10 things and all have worked well so far.

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I continue to have sporadic issues with Bluetooth disconnecting. For some reason it's gotten very bad in the last couple of days: on a 9 hour road trip connection was lost between phone and my Jeep probably 30 times, I kept having to turn off and back on Bluetooth on my phone to reconnect. Yesterday on a two -hour hike my phone disconnected from my LG Tones 6-8 times, had to turn off the Tones and turn them back on to reconnect. Since I use BT all the time for music, audiobooks, and phone calls, this is intolerable. If I can't get this sorted, I'll have to do something different for a phone. Several have said that factory resets did not help, one said a recent update did. Not sure what to do.

Posted via the 10

cmandd

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Mine was ok, until the last Sprint update. Now it wants to switch to the phone, while still being connected. Seems to do it when it loses or changes networks (ie: when WiFi drops or going from roaming to home network).

BlueAlchemy17

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
So far so good, and I use Bluetooth all the time. I have only had issues with a cheap headset. None with the plantronics.
Ironically, I use a Plantronics Voyager Edge and I do get the random disconnect then reconnect. Fortunately only when I'm not on call. But it does happen sometimes when I start dialing a call.

charrolastra

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I had posted in another related topic about my bluetooth woes. On Sprint, non rooted, Software version 1.80.651.10 (the SECOND time I received a software update with this assignation). NEVER had one issue with bluetooth until this software update (the first time, the second didn't improve this). Takes many, many trials to connect to my bluetooth headphones, usually requiring me to unpair, pair again, connect, turn off either the phone and/or the headphones in a frustrating cycle. Reaching the point of not bothering anymore. Any help would be appreciated.

juwster

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't see an apps manager in the settings. When I go to settings I see Apps and when I click on that it shows all of my apps. Is there another location for the apps manager?

My problem is my Bluetooth won't turn on. I have restarted my phone and this does not resolve the issue. This is an ongoing problem since the last update. And very strange because it is not constant. Occasionally the Bluetooth will turn on and work as it should but more often than not it just will not turn on.

TheJediGoddess

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm also having issues. I have Motorola Buds, Moto Surround and a cheap aqua shower speaker. Most of the times it'll connect and say no media. I have to turn off either the headset or radio button and back on and it'll eventually connect. I didn't have these issues on the M9. Pretty frustrated but hoping it'll get fixed.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
No one else with bluetooth issues?
My bluetooth used to be so good. I've noticed in the past several days that even in the same room with the connected bluetooth speaker it stutters and skips a lot now. I'm wondering if it has degraded the connection quality over time. before I could be off in any room in the house and it would work fine. It can be fine for awhile then just start acting up. Getting annoying to say the least anyway.

Coachmarc

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site
I have never had a problem on any HTC phone. My wife had a problem on a 2014 Moto X that if both wifi and Bluetooth were turned on at the same time, wifi would have problems and Bluetooth would not stay connected. Try turning off wifi and see if Bluetooth will stay connected.

Posted via the Android Central App

If you want 2 stream music or listen to YouTube content via Wi-Fi you are screwed?

juwster

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes, any content you need wifi to listen to is useless. I have tried the trick of disconnecting wifi to get the Bluetooth working and at times it does work. Additionally, using the Bluetooth to connect in my car is a determination my HTC 10 makes. Whenever it decides to work is when it hooks up. I am going to do a factory reset and see if it will correct the issue.

juwster

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I continue to have sporadic issues with Bluetooth disconnecting. For some reason it's gotten very bad in the last couple of days: on a 9 hour road trip connection was lost between phone and my Jeep probably 30 times, I kept having to turn off and back on Bluetooth on my phone to reconnect. Yesterday on a two -hour hike my phone disconnected from my LG Tones 6-8 times, had to turn off the Tones and turn them back on to reconnect. Since I use BT all the time for music, audiobooks, and phone calls, this is intolerable. If I can't get this sorted, I'll have to do something different for a phone. Several have said that factory resets did not help, one said a recent update did. Not sure what to do.

Posted via the 10

I just did a factory reset and it has worked. No other methods would work for me and my phone had also acquired several other little quirks as well. One being that Spotify would not download any music. After the reset the Bluetooth works and so does Spotify. Of course, it's only been three days, lol But so far so good. I will check back on this thread with any progress good or bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol