Verizon firmware issue with sound notifications

legaldeejay

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
In the Messages app, under Notification settings, I have "Play notification sound" unchecked, but when I receive a text message, it will still make the Notification sound. The only way to prevent the sound is to set the "Notification sound" to silent or unchecking "Received notification" which disables showing the notification in the status bar. I have tried basically everything (i.e. restarts, checking and unchecking, and factory resets).

After testing this on 3 phones, including a display model in the Verizon store, I've confirmed this to be a firmware issue which will hopefully be updated.

So this issue should be happening to everybody who at least has a Verizon model.

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I run 3rd party app so I have everything related to stock app disabled sound wise and it never pops up or plays a sound.

legaldeejay

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I also run a third party app - Tasker - which is great at managing notifications. I just wanted to inform about this. I doubt most would even realize this unless you are somebody who likes to tinker with all the settings like me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49