SD Card unexpectedly removed daily

juliobx2012

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
Only issue I'm having is that my sd card keeps ejecting every day. Every day I have to restart phone to have it recognize the card again. Keeps telling that it unexpectedly removed. I've tried with 2 cards and same issue. Other than that I love my 10.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(8938849)

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
The first one I got had this exact issue. Except event a restart wouldn't make it read the card again. I had to physically eject the tray and put it back in before it would read the card. I took it back to Verizon and exchanged it and my new one hasn't done it once.

I thought I had a rare hardware defect but that's a strange defect, especially to happen on more than one phone. Whether hardware or software it's troubling. Hopefully it's not too widespread.

I recommend swapping it out. It's def. a defective phone.

Robert Hoehle

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I've got the same problem. I've had the phone now for a couple months. Did it in the beginning and I went through the whole, re-format card, re-seat, etc etc...and it worked...for awhile. Now, it does it daily. I'm getting it over to Verizon this next week and will most likely just have them replace it if possible. Either that or I'll get HTC on the phone.

mahers

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I had this happen twice. The first time, the card I had became unusable and I had to get another (and I blamed the card). By chance, is your card formatted as expandable (internal) storage? That is how I had mine set up originally. With my second card, I also set it up that way. When I had the message come up with the new card, I was freaking out that I would, yet again, lose all my data. I was able to get it to recognize the card be removing it and replacing it, and restarting the phone. I moved everything to the phone and reformatted it as removable storage. I don't know if that's the cause, since I am not the only one to use an SD card that way, but it is not something I'd prefer to have to deal with, especially on a flagship phone in 2016.

archer23

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Any updates on these issues? Mine is starting to have the same problem. I'm worried that since I didn't get the insurance through verizon that I won't be able to get it fixed, granted I would think this would fall under some sort of manufacturers warranty.

RayGee

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I had this with my Verizon phone about two months ago. I took the card out, backed it up on my laptop and reformatted the card in the phone again as external. I copied the old data back, restarted the phone and have not had this issue since.

Regards ------------

archer23

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I had this with my Verizon phone about two months ago. I took the card out, backed it up on my laptop and reformatted the card in the phone again as external. I copied the old data back, restarted the phone and have not had this issue since.

Regards ------------

I just did this, hopefully it solves the issue. I'll let you guys know if it happens again.

archer23

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I just did this, hopefully it solves the issue. I'll let you guys know if it happens again.

Been a few days since I changed how the card was formatted, haven't had a single issue since. Kinda disappointing, I like the idea of the internal and external storage being used as one.

BoredandTattooed

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Just started having this issue after the latest Sprint update.. Had the phone since launch with the same card..

If I go to settings>storage while the notification is still up too it shows my card is mounted though..

jacaboy

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
I had the same issue with my htc10.
As a last resort I assumed the card was loose in its socket.
I removed the card from the socket and then placed a thin piece of cardboard under the card and reinserted. I have not had a disconnect for around 3 weeks. Before this I was disconnecting at least 2 times a day.
I had to have a couple of shots at this....... I had to put 2 layers of thin cardboard to stop the disconnections
Not saying this is the issue, but it appears to have worked for me

threadbear

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I have had mine for 6 months, with 64g SanDisk card mounted as internal storage. Only since nougat update about 10 days ago I have started to have this problem, and now comes almost every day. All your tips are interesting, but I bought the phone direct from HTC, so they'll be getting it back to sort out soon as I'm back in UK!

Larry 609

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
This started happening to me yesterday... I purchased a SanDisk Ultra Plus 128 GB card that had been working well these past few months since I got it.

I think it is an SD card problem now because when I inserted my old 64GB SanDisk Ultra card in the phone, it didn't eject or remove itself throughout the whole night. Then when I put in the 128 GB card and it still kept removing itself, I formatted it this morning and it hasn't ejected from the phone yet (knock on wood). It did wipe my card, obviously, so I'll just put everything back on from a back-up after work today... assuming it's still good to go then.

I do recall not formatting the card when I originally got the card, so maybe things just caught up with it finally? And fwiw, it was always used as 'external' storage... I never formatted it to internal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34