"Real" review of the HTC HTC 10. should you buy?

floss776

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys,
Maybe you've seen some of my posts. I'm not Flossy Carter from youtube, I just couldn't think of a name and chose this after watching one of his reviews. I'm calling it a real review because I literally do the same thing he does. MODS.. PLEASE don't put this in phone wars.. I'm Focusing on the HTC 10!

Anyway, let's get to it. I'll keep it as short and simple as possible yet informative.

Should you upgrade to the HTC 10 from the m7-m9? Easy answer is YES. it's a no brainer. Best HTC phone ever made.

Gonna break it down into categories vs other flagships I own. I own the s7, s7 edge, LG g5, blackberry priv, iPhone 6s and 6s plus, nexus 5x, nexus 6p, note 5, had the Sony z5 Premium, Lumia 950, LG V10.. These are the top dogs right now I'll be comparing to.

Screen -
I'm not sure why, but amoled screens on the s6,s7,s7edge, note 5, not so much on the nexus 6p, bother my eyes, after a few minutes of looking at the screen and looking around, my vision is always blurry. My personal opinion, the screen on the HTC 10 is probably the best. Followed by the s7 edge (still beautiful even if it bothers my eyes) then the iPhone 6s.. MY OPINION. The HTC 10 screen is beautiful though and I like it more than the s7 edge. Colors are very nice and vibrant. I own a large construction company and also a supplement company and outdoors if I'm wearing glasses working, building a Deck, I have no trouble seeing the screen. Indoors, even better. Winner: HTC 10, s7 very close (would be the winner if it didn't bother my eyes)

Speed -
I always thought the ios software was the smoothest and quickest, if you're doing simple stuff like texting, calls, social media.. My s7 edge was/is very fast too but sometimes hiccups and lags lately. The HTC 10 is fluid, smooth and probably the fastest Android phone Ive had to date. Love the clean software too. Winner: HTC 10.

Camera-
HTC 10 camera is very good indoors and outdoors. I've had comments on how great some of my photos have looked at just a simple point and shoot (I'll post some outdoor pictures of my construction jobs). The LG g5 camera is frigging awesome. I love the wide angle lens. Just so nice. The s7 edge has an amazing camera too, videos are awesome and it's quick to launch and snap. The lumia 950 takes amazing pictures as well.
Winner in order: LG g5, s7 edge, HTC 10.

Battery-
im not going to count the fact the LG g5 has a removable battery because none of the others I posted don't. Honestly my HTC 10 battery lasts me from 6am (when I leave for work) until I go to bed (between 10-2am, and it never died on me before if taken off a full charge in the morning) s7 edge battery is pretty good but I expected better due to its size and yes I've done resets.
Winner: HTC 10 (and it charges SO fast!)

Simple usage-
(texting, social media, internet browsing, notes,) probably going to award to iPhone 6s due to iOS followed by HTC 10/nexus 6p and then the s7 edge.
Winner: iPhone 6s

Fingerprint scanner-
This is tough. I'm gonna go with the HTC 10 because I've yet to have it not read my fingerprint even with dirt/concrete on my hands. S7 edge and iPhone 6s tie for second.
Winner: htc 10

Build-
I love the metal build of the htc 10, and always have. I also love the build of the iPhone 6s. I'm gonna award the HTC 10 due to the metal but the s7/s7edge are hot too.. Just hate having to cover with a case and the HTC 10 I just use dbrand and a glass screen protector. Always loved the look of the iPhone.
Winner: HTC 10

Speakers-
Winner HTC 10

I listed the main things only. My personal opinion, the HTC 10 is the best phone out right now due to build, solid camera, speakers, screen, speed and fluidity are all top notch and it's the best overall balanced phone.

Problems with my s7 edge is without a case, I always find myself reaching for the opposite corner and touching buttons. Im not the biggest iPhone fan. Just like the simplicity of ios. LG g5 is ugly and I'll never use or buy the modules. Priv is a very solid phone. Actually like it a lot. Lumia 950 could've been great but build sucks and windows 10 mobile has a lot to work on with apps and such. Z5 premium is great,beautiful, camera is great, but I'm on Verizon and have an att account just for my other business so I figured Id try and buy. Nexus 5x is mid range but a solid mid range phone. Nexus 6p is awesome, just too big. Note 5 is great but I always use new flagships and waiting on the note 6. If the v10 was the g5 it would be my daily driver.

Like I said,

This is all just my personal opinion. Feel free to comment.. But I think the HTC 10 is a great phone and you can't do no wrong buying it!

Posted some pictures below of a new deck my crew built yesterday! Came out great! Gotta love vekadeck pvc vinyl :)

View attachment 228442View attachment 2284437802.jpg

Posted via the Android Central App

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,
Maybe you've seen some of my posts. I'm not Flossy Carter from youtube, I just couldn't think of a name and chose this after watching one of his reviews. I'm calling it a real review because I literally do the same thing he does. MODS.. PLEASE don't put this in phone wars.. I'm Focusing on the HTC 10!

Anyway, let's get to it. I'll keep it as short and simple as possible yet informative.

Should you upgrade to the HTC 10 from the m7-m9? Easy answer is YES. it's a no brainer. Best HTC phone ever made.

Gonna break it down into categories vs other flagships I own. I own the s7, s7 edge, LG g5, blackberry priv, iPhone 6s and 6s plus, nexus 5x, nexus 6p, note 5, had the Sony z5 Premium, Lumia 950, LG V10.. These are the top dogs right now I'll be comparing to.

Screen -
I'm not sure why, but amoled screens on the s6,s7,s7edge, note 5, not so much on the nexus 6p, bother my eyes, after a few minutes of looking at the screen and looking around, my vision is always blurry. My personal opinion, the screen on the HTC 10 is probably the best. Followed by the s7 edge (still beautiful even if it bothers my eyes) then the iPhone 6s.. MY OPINION. The HTC 10 screen is beautiful though and I like it more than the s7 edge. Colors are very nice and vibrant. I own a large construction company and also a supplement company and outdoors if I'm wearing glasses working, building a Deck, I have no trouble seeing the screen. Indoors, even better. Winner: HTC 10, s7 very close (would be the winner if it didn't bother my eyes)

Speed -
I always thought the ios software was the smoothest and quickest, if you're doing simple stuff like texting, calls, social media.. My s7 edge was/is very fast too but sometimes hiccups and lags lately. The HTC 10 is fluid, smooth and probably the fastest Android phone Ive had to date. Love the clean software too. Winner: HTC 10.

Camera-
HTC 10 camera is very good indoors and outdoors. I've had comments on how great some of my photos have looked at just a simple point and shoot (I'll post some outdoor pictures of my construction jobs). The LG g5 camera is frigging awesome. I love the wide angle lens. Just so nice. The s7 edge has an amazing camera too, videos are awesome and it's quick to launch and snap. The lumia 950 takes amazing pictures as well.
Winner in order: LG g5, s7 edge, HTC 10.

Battery-
im not going to count the fact the LG g5 has a removable battery because none of the others I posted don't. Honestly my HTC 10 battery lasts me from 6am (when I leave for work) until I go to bed (between 10-2am, and it never died on me before if taken off a full charge in the morning) s7 edge battery is pretty good but I expected better due to its size and yes I've done resets.
Winner: HTC 10 (and it charges SO fast!)

Simple usage-
(texting, social media, internet browsing, notes,) probably going to award to iPhone 6s due to iOS followed by HTC 10/nexus 6p and then the s7 edge.
Winner: iPhone 6s

Fingerprint scanner-
This is tough. I'm gonna go with the HTC 10 because I've yet to have it not read my fingerprint even with dirt/concrete on my hands. S7 edge and iPhone 6s tie for second.
Winner: htc 10

Build-
I love the metal build of the htc 10, and always have. I also love the build of the iPhone 6s. I'm gonna award the HTC 10 due to the metal but the s7/s7edge are hot too.. Just hate having to cover with a case and the HTC 10 I just use dbrand and a glass screen protector. Always loved the look of the iPhone.
Winner: HTC 10

Speakers-
Winner HTC 10

I listed the main things only. My personal opinion, the HTC 10 is the best phone out right now due to build, solid camera, speakers, screen, speed and fluidity are all top notch and it's the best overall balanced phone.

Problems with my s7 edge is without a case, I always find myself reaching for the opposite corner and touching buttons. Im not the biggest iPhone fan. Just like the simplicity of ios. LG g5 is ugly and I'll never use or buy the modules. Priv is a very solid phone. Actually like it a lot. Lumia 950 could've been great but build sucks and windows 10 mobile has a lot to work on with apps and such. Z5 premium is great,beautiful, camera is great, but I'm on Verizon and have an att account just for my other business so I figured Id try and buy. Nexus 5x is mid range but a solid mid range phone. Nexus 6p is awesome, just too big. Note 5 is great but I always use new flagships and waiting on the note 6. If the v10 was the g5 it would be my daily driver.

Like I said,

This is all just my personal opinion. Feel free to comment.. But I think the HTC 10 is a great phone and you can't do no wrong buying it!

Posted some pictures below of a new deck my crew built yesterday! Came out great! Gotta love vekadeck pvc vinyl :)

View attachment 228442View attachment 228443View attachment 228444

sRGB mode in developer options on the 6P would solve the screen problem you have.

I wouldn't call this a "real" review. Sounds more like an HTC infomercial.

murphcid

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, great review. I get three days on battery (I don't use the phone a lot though), and I am happy with the phone for the most part.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante