HTC Charger

VagrantSaint

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I would say with USB-C definitely use the manufacturer provided charger only. It's not good to mix and match cables and chargers and until USB-C is more standard that all I would use. Just my opinion

Posted via the Android Central App

clownstrike

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I understand the reasons for recommending the original charger only, but it's not practical for some. I've used numerous charger and cable combinations so far without issue. It's highly likely that your M9 charger will work fine, but need to understand that you're doing it at your own risk. If any damage results, your warranty status is uncertain.

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Can I use the M9 slow charger with the Spigen ultra slim usb-c to micro usb adaptor on my 10?

I've been using the M9 slow charger, the M9 QC 2.0, an Anker QC 2.0 battery stick and car charger, and the 10 QC 3.0 charger all with a different cable than what was provided. They all work great! The phone clearly states when a quick charger is connected, so it obviously knows when a regular charger is connected as well.

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Does the charger with the 10 always quick charge when plugged into the phone?

Yup! It's a QC 3.0, so it charges up really fast. There are different opinions on whether or not quick charging your phone all the time shortens the battery lifespan, so I mix in the regular M9 charger sometimes. It came with the phone, so I'm sure it's fine.... but the phone does get a little warmer when quick charging, so I don't use it every single time I need to charge up.

Fathertime

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I going to use the charger that came with the 9 and connect the Spigen ultra slim usb-c to micro usb adaptor to my 10 from time to time.

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
See, I just never could use a charger that didn't come with my phone/tablet. The Nexus 9 and M9 chargers look identical, but I even marked them so I knew which was plugging into what! That being said, I will never use a foreign charger with any device I own. Too risky when I fork out $650 a year on a phone.

Digitally assigned space taken up by my Chromebook, M9, HTC 10 or Nexus 9 <(•.•)>

VagrantSaint

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I think you're fine using a charger of the same brand of phone no matter which recent model.

Yeah, no. Completely different hardware now. USB-C, QC 3.0. Use the one that came with it and get a car charger from HTC

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, no. Completely different hardware now. USB-C, QC 3.0. Use the one that came with it and get a car charger from HTC

I'm using the stock Quick Charger, as well as a spare Cloetech QC 3.0 I bought on Amazon. I'm also using my old QC 2.0 chargers, including a car charger. They all work perfectly.

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I've been using several different chargers as well, but only with the cable that came with the phone. No issues.

OptimusTarzan

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Last night I used a cheap extension cable with the stock cable and charger. To my surprise, it still quick charged. Less than an hour to charge from 20% to 100%.

I have yet to try using my m7 charger.

VagrantSaint

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm using the stock Quick Charger, as well as a spare Cloetech QC 3.0 I bought on Amazon. I'm also using my old QC 2.0 chargers, including a car charger. They all work perfectly.

Yes they will all work. It's just software determines the rate of charge and which amperage to use. If the software gets confused the electricity is still coming and that's how cords and chargers get burnt up. I'm just saying better safe than sorry

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

If that were the case, then all of these other charger and cable companies like Anker and Aukey would be out of business. There's absolutely zero difference when charging my 10 with all of the chargers I listed above, and I'm using a USB-C converter as well. Hell, I bought an Innergie charger for my Razer laptop, and it does the job as long as the voltage and specs check out.

VagrantSaint

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
If that were the case, then all of these other charger and cable companies like Anker and Aukey would be out of business. There's absolutely zero difference when charging my 10 with all of the chargers I listed above, and I'm using a USB-C converter as well. Hell, I bought an Innergie charger for my Razer laptop, and it does the job as long as the voltage and specs check out.

Exactly. "as long as the voltage and specs check out". USB-C is still new and not all are created equal.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Exactly. "as long as the voltage and specs check out". USB-C is still new and not all are created equal.

I think the only real concerns here are with other USB-C chargers because of the USB-C specs and Qualcomm's way of varying the bus voltage that doesn't sit well with some people (which is a valid concern). But the older chargers are only going to give you 5VDC at a maximum current draw of 1.5A or 2A, which is well within the specs that this phone can take.

The newest device in my home (save for the 10) is my wife's S6Edge+ and I've slapped this phone into a half-dozen of our various chargers without issue.

J R Mtz

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm using my old M8 charger and some Blackbery chargers (new and old) with the Spigen adapters and they work great. Obviously not QC3.0, but I don't care about that for an overnight charge.

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I am using HTC charging blocks from my Droid Incredible and DNA with HTC cord and iOrange cord. These are Type A to Type C cords.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez