Verizon Update - HTC 10

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
My word. I listen to audiobooks while I shave etc in the morning and the volume on my prior phone (Droid Turbo) was such that I was shopping for a Bluetooth speaker. When I got the 10, I quit shopping - the 10 speakers are much much louder than my Turbo. Among the loudest phone speakers I've experienced.

Posted via the 10

Yeah, I havent had any issues with it being too quiet. Seems plenty loud. Never had any points where I thought I needed more volume than this.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
I did update. Battery is same (for me fantastic). WiFi solution is still a question mark for me as I am not even sure what was addressed. The peek screen notification seems to "self resolve" most times (show up and then disappear) but I am not sure the WiFi is performing any different. I still think that constant notification is the fact that Wifi has gone to sleep. Seems to happen quite often during screen lock. I have not configured any down time or DND time.

Hey bearcats98... This is not a Android post, but I visited your school a few weeks ago with my daughter and LOVED it! The Final Three are Penn St, University of Delaware, and University of Cincinnati.... all good schools, but was very surprised by U Cinn. Great Campus and great city

anon(8938849)

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Well this update really messed up my phone. I never had a single issue with the wifi, now it's constantly disconnecting and reconnecting all day long. My camera is no better or faster at all. Actually it now sometimes freezes up completely when opening. I have to close the app and reopen it to get the camera working.

With these new issues, put together with the bad battery life and display that can't be seen with polarized glasses, and is too dim to see in daylight anyways, I can't keep it. Such a shame that HTC can craft such a premium metal body, but can't do anything else as well as it's competitors.

richard dillon1

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Well this update really messed up my phone. I never had a single issue with the wifi, now it's constantly disconnecting and reconnecting all day long. My camera is no better or faster at all. Actually it now sometimes freezes up completely when opening. I have to close the app and reopen it to get the camera working.

With these new issues, put together with the bad battery life and display that can't be seen with polarized glasses, and is too dim to see in daylight anyways, I can't keep it. Such a shame that HTC can craft such a premium metal body, but can't do anything else as well as it's competitors.
Sounds like a bad unit try flashing the ruu. Fresh install and setup as brand new device

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I've tested two different 10s at different stores and my s6 was undoubtedly louder both times, unfortunately.

And, if you scroll down quite a bit, you'll see the 10 is quite quiet: HTC 10 Benchmarks .

But cool that it works for you.
Agreed.
Every 10 I tried (in store) the speakers sounded poor. No matter which setting. Also distorted at max volume. Was disappointed to say the least as a good external sound experience is important to me. My M7 and 8 sounded loads better. I won't be getting the 10 and shall keep my Moto X pure. The speakers on the MXP are exceptional.

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, I have none of those issues as I dont consider the polarized glasses an issue for my personal use. Everything else is top notch on the phone and somehow better than my old M8 which I loved. You apparently got a lemon or are being ungodly hard on this phone and are expecting something more than any phone can deliver.

anon(8938849)

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I have none of those issues as I dont consider the polarized glasses an issue for my personal use. Everything else is top notch on the phone and somehow better than my old M8 which I loved. You apparently got a lemon or are being ungodly hard on this phone and are expecting something more than any phone can deliver.

I think other phones deliver a display I can see with polarized sunglasses, a camera app that doesn't freeze or otherwise take so long to focus that I miss almost every real moment I want to capture, battery life longer than 3.5 hrs sot, wifi that doesn't disconnect and reconnect all day long, etc.

Then again you're coming from an M8 so I gather your expectations are set pretty low compared to mine.

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I think other phones deliver a display I can see with polarized sunglasses, a camera app that doesn't freeze or otherwise take so long to focus that I miss almost every real moment I want to capture, battery life longer than 3.5 hrs sot, wifi that doesn't disconnect and reconnect all day long, etc.

Then again you're coming from an M8 so I gather your expectations are set pretty low compared to mine.

Yep, that highly hated and widely known bottom of the barrel M8. Not a single site liked or even recommended it. Just a bad phone all around. Thanks phone guru. Ill be sure to buy something YOU like more next time around.

anon(8938849)

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Yep, that highly hated and widely known bottom of the barrel M8. Not a single site liked or even recommended it. Just a bad phone all around. Thanks phone guru. Ill be sure to buy something YOU like more next time around.
Lol I was talking about the fact you came from a phone that's more than 2 years old. I don't know what your problem is but you're taking things a little personally here. First you take issue with my problems with the phone, even insinuating that I don't really have any issues and I'm just being too hard on the poor phone. Then you get all defensive over your beloved M8 that I didn't actually say anything bad about.

Let's not fanboy out here and start an argument because you love HTC so much you just can't fathom anybody having issues with their phones. Relax.

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

I think the problem that a lot of people are having with your comments is that you are taking your personal experience and tending to generalise it to every 10 sold. You say "I think other phones deliver..." and the absolute fact of the matter is that other HTC 10's can and do deliver most all those things, because the one I hold in my hands has performed admirably camera-wise, has zero WiFi problems, and has had good battery life (I can't speak to the polarization issue because I don't happen to own polarized sunglasses). Don't generalize from the one to the all, that's absurdly weak logic. Yes, some others have experienced some of the same problems, but there's also evidence that these problems are far from universal, which is the perception you appear to be pushing; and literally every forum is filled with people complaining about this or that problem with their new phone. Take a look at the S7 forum for example: just in the first series of posts - battery drain problems, wifi disconnect problems, unresponsive screen problems, fingerprint scanner not working, audio cutting out; with multiple posters claiming the same problem. Despite this seemingly alarming list, few would argue that the S7 isn't one of the best phones ever made. The 10 is certainly the best phone I've ever owned, and I consider it to also be one of the best phones ever made.

Posted via the 10

Last edited:

anon(8938849)

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Sigh. You're taking things out of context. I haven't even *implied* that all 10s have all the same problems mine has. And I'm outright saying they don't. Does that help? Let's move on.

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Lol I was talking about the fact you came from a phone that's more than 2 years old. I don't know what your problem is but you're taking things a little personally here. First you take issue with my problems with the phone, even insinuating that I don't really have any issues and I'm just being too hard on the poor phone. Then you get all defensive over your beloved M8 that I didn't actually say anything bad about.

Let's not fanboy out here and start an argument because you love HTC so much you just can't fathom anybody having issues with their phones. Relax.

Im completely lost where you think theres an argument. You will notice in my first post I said that its possibly a lemon first and foremost. It seems awful odd how very few others have issues to this extent with a phone.

And the M8 comment comes off stupid the way you say it. The way you put it out there certainly sounds like an M8 is some bottom of the barrel phone or just not a good phone anymore, so the only reason I like the 10 is cause I have "low expectations coming from an M8"

Last edited:

richard dillon1

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
As I said in another forum, this software isn't optimized as yet and I am planning to see more updates. As I type this, Taiwan and T-Mobile in Germany are getting updates. They even added the facebook social plugin back as well.

Mugenized

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I just checked for the software update and apparently, the phone tried to do the update a little after 12AM on 6/1 on its own but failed. It said there was an error code 555. I manually restarted the download and it looks like it's going well so far (currently optimizing apps so it's at the last step). I'm curious to know what that error code is. Does anyone know?

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

No hyperbole here?